What's new

Global Shave Fatguy question

Has anyone actually received this razor yet?

Mine "shipped" on Nov 11th but it still says today (12/2) that the USPS is awaiting the item. That's 3 weeks now which goes beyond the normal delays there have been recently. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen as well. I'd like to file a claim but since the post office says they never received it, I can't exactly file it with them. Global Shave said that I have to wait 30 days until after the "ship" date but I think that's excessive. Any thoughts other than "I shouldn't have bought this razor?"

FYI, I live in USA so it shouldn't take this long. I ordered from Italian Barber (also in Canada) on Weds. last week and that package is on track for delivery tomorrow.

I had a similar 'shipped' razor (from a well known Canadian maker), that I discovered was still not picked up by the Postal Service after 3 weeks of being shipped.
I asked the Canadian postal folk about 'where is my razor' that shipped 3 weeks ago? Have you lost it?
No...they had not even picked the item up yet as the item was still not available for pick up.
Seems that all that is required is to get a shipping number (I think that's the right name) for the item...even though the actual item 'hasn't been made yet' and is not ready to be picked up.
The item is now termed as 'shipped' though (as it has a shipping number!).
Probably what you are experiencing now.

I'm a US address as well. I had the 11/11 origination date and it arrived on 11/24. I've had four shaves with it and am moderately pleased. It's lighter than the original, but it's a very smooth shave, adjusts fairly well (it was sticking at 5 but that has loosened up considerably) and I don't feel like I've thrown my money away. The follow up email does say that 200 have shipped. I don't know what that means, if that's the full order or if that's just the beginning.

I was already complaining “multiple delays” ago. I got “ALL THE CANNED EXCUSES” one generally receives from “these kind of vendors” when product you paid for does not end up on your doorstep when promised.

I emailed a dozen or more times with relatively lengthy discussions between us. Every excuse rolled into another delay and another excuse. These delays have been going on now for months on end with no remedy. This razor was originally due last summer.

I was blamed as “being the only one complaining” by this person followed by another excuse and delay. I could name all of the excuses from fire, water damage, shingles, production issues, etc. I am not a gullible person and do not give things like this a pass.

Even when I finally got my credit after cancelling the order it took months. He kept trying to convince me it was a mistake to cancel my order and I kept getting emails saying in a couple more weeks, months, not sure when, yours may be later than others because it being gold finish, etc. Enough was enough and this little message here does not cover the whole issue.

Most of these people that order these items or razor in this case simply do not care! I told him some of these people get on lists to wait indefinite periods of time to get product; sometimes years. Common responses from these people are “I’m in no hurry, I can wait a while longer, so and so happened, he’s sick or unable to work, etc.” These attitudes just compound the problems for the rest of us that want what we ordered when it was promised without excuses.

Invariably, if you yap loud enough on forums the minions and/or administrators come out of the woodwork and basically blame you many times which also compounds the problem, creates resentments, etc. and in the scheme of things does not solve any issues but fosters bad blood.

Makes no sense to me. I told him these buyers/people/vendors are a dime a dozen. They probably even forgot they ordered anything at all and from whom. This type of behavior is rampant. There is more than one buyer/offender/vendor doing these things.

I cancelled my order and recently seen a credit in my PayPal account. He did not even have the common courtesy to notify me of the refund. I stumbled over it while perusing my PayPal account. I told him I want this whole ordeal and HIM behind me and will never order a thing from him ever again. He was okay with that...good luck!

I’m out after giving him the use of my money for these many months and paying interest to boot. Checked and I used a debit card for this purchase so it’s another kind of loss. Never again...

Last edited:
I was already complaining “multiple delays” ago. I got “ALL THE CANNED EXCUSES” one generally receives from “these kind of vendors” when product you paid for does not end up on your doorstep when promised.

I emailed a dozen or more times with relatively lengthy discussions between us. Every excuse rolled into another delay and another excuse. These delays have been going on now for months on end with no remedy. This razor was originally due last summer.

I was blamed as “being the only one complaining” by this person followed by another excuse and delay. I could name all of the excuses from fire, water damage, shingles, production issues, etc. I am not a gullible person and do not give things like this a pass.

Even when I finally got my credit after cancelling the order it took months. He kept trying to convince me it was a mistake to cancel my order and I kept getting emails saying in a couple more weeks, months, not sure when, yours may be later than others because it being gold finish, etc. Enough was enough and this little message here does not cover the whole issue.

Most of these people that order these items or razor in this case simply do not care! I told him some of these people get on lists to wait indefinite periods of time to get product; sometimes years. Common responses from these people are “I’m in no hurry, I can wait a while longer, so and so happened, he’s sick or unable to work, etc.” These attitudes just compound the problems for the rest of us that want what we ordered when it was promised without excuses.

Invariably, if you yap loud enough on forums the minions and/or administrators come out of the woodwork and basically blame you many times which also compounds the problem, creates resentments, etc. and in the scheme of things does not solve any issues but fosters bad blood.

Makes no sense to me. I told him these buyers/people/vendors are a dime a dozen. They probably even forgot they ordered anything at all and from whom. This type of behavior is rampant. There is more than one buyer/offender/vendor doing these things.

I cancelled my order and recently seen a credit in my PayPal account. He did not even have the common courtesy to notify me of the refund. I stumbled over it while perusing my PayPal account. I told him I want this whole ordeal and HIM behind me and will never order a thing from him ever again. He was okay with that...good luck!

I’m out after giving him the use of my money for these many months and paying interest to boot. Never again...
It's like Deja Vu. That's exactly what I experienced. So it's not just you! I bought this in May and tried cancelling it in October. He gave me the "just keep waiting, you'll love this razor" excuse until he foisted a "it's shipped" note on me. Now I can't cancel my order and it's past the 6 months to file a dispute with paypal. His latest note to me was "I can't control what happens after it ships." Don't do business with these hucksters.

It's like Deja Vu. That's exactly what I experienced. So it's not just you! I bought this in May and tried cancelling it in October. He gave me the "just keep waiting, you'll love this razor" excuse until he foisted a "it's shipped" note on me. Now I can't cancel my order and it's past the 6 months to file a dispute with paypal. His latest note to me was "I can't control what happens after it ships." Don't do business with these hucksters.
Thank you for backing me up with your honest assessment. Your response makes a difference!

I'm a US address as well. I had the 11/11 origination date and it arrived on 11/24. I've had four shaves with it and am moderately pleased. It's lighter than the original, but it's a very smooth shave, adjusts fairly well (it was sticking at 5 but that has loosened up considerably) and I don't feel like I've thrown my money away. The follow up email does say that 200 have shipped. I don't know what that means, if that's the full order or if that's just the beginning.
Good to know. Thanks! I think if this razor actually ever comes, I'm just going to put it up for sale and probably take a loss on it. I just want to be done with it and this company for good.

Good to know. Thanks! I think if this razor actually ever comes, I'm just going to put it up for sale and probably take a loss on it. I just want to be done with it and this company for good.
I feel for you. After my experience with the Model T and it's 3 year delay, I've taken these product launches as a veeeery flexible timeline. I went into this thinking, "if I get this within 2 years I won't make a peep." Less than 6 months after it was initially promised, it's in my hands. I'm satisfied with that.

Is it against board policy to actually name the vendor that is involved here? Because I know exactly who we are talking about, and the person behind it, and I share in your disappointment. I also have a story to tell, and don't mind actually naming the entity, but I don't want to breach any forum rules. Anyone know if it's acceptable to actually name them?

Top Bottom