What's new

Global Shave Club Fat Boy

Just got a message today that Global Shave Club just announced their Fat Boy replica razor. For a while now they have been advertising that they were working on a Fat Boy replica called the Fat Guy, but not it is officially on their web site and listed as the Model 195 Fat Boy. It is currently on pre sale and they mentioned crowd funding campaign, however neither kickstarter nor indiegogo has any listing for such project and so I guess the crowd funding is all of us willing to jump in on the deal. 300 will be available at the pre sale price of $89 and once in production the price will jump to $149. Nothing said about the materials used in construction, however they did mention parts made in India and assembled in North America.

Personally for that price, I would take my chances on looking for a good condition or refurbished one on eBay or BST.

I would rather purchase an authentic Gillette Fatboy than putting money down on a pre order for a replica that I don't even see a prototype for.

Forgetaboutit....... why buy a copy when you can get the real thing....that has been working for 60 years.... Doubt in 60yrs any of these new ones will be working....or maybe??? But it won't be mine....

Mwah I would buy the original for that kind of dough unless they offer a finish and or function exceeding the original

Mwah I would buy the original for that kind of dough unless they offer a finish and or function exceeding the original
Well.... they do offer a gold Aristocrat version for $20 more, however I believe that the Aristocrat adjustables were all Slims. The gold Fat Boy was the Executive and was not made for very long.

Anyway, my first experience with these people was when their $1 Challenger razor came out. After that experience, I haven't done business with them again, and recently I PIFed my three Challengers just because of the bad Karma in my shave den caused by that buying experience. I was surprised they sent me the notice after I unsubscribed from them a while back.

GSC get their razors made by Pearl in India.

That's says it all for me!
Pearl razors have pathetic quality, blade alignment issues, ridiculous blade chatter.

A chrome-plated 195 knockoff made in India?? No thanks - if it were nickel & maybe $39.95, maybe I'd think about it.

I'll keep using my slim (or another oldie in the rotation) until I can get my hands on the real McCoy.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I'll keep using my slim (or another oldie in the rotation) until I can get my hands on the real McCoy.

There was a PIF (for the real FAt) offered last night. Look for it in the DE razors.
I would NOT pay more than $30 for this new cheap copy.....bet it wont last as the Gilltte

There was a PIF (for the real FAt) offered last night. Look for it in the DE razors.
I would NOT pay more than $30 for this new cheap copy.....bet it wont last as the Gilltte
Thanks xiletero. I saw that, and did toss my hat in the ring. That was too good to pass up. Very generous offer.

Ken Shaves has uploaded his review of the FatGuy. It looks like it shaves well, although for the cost of the GSC clone, I could find an original Fatboy in excellent condition in the US on eBay, and ship to me in the UK. I may even be able to do it for less.

Top Bottom