What's new

Global Shave Club....Beware....

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Now the youtubers are all pimping a new global shave razor which is just a rebranded and repriced razor from aliexpress.
The days of honest and independent EBay reviews are long gone I suspect. Most channels are set up with the sole aim of attracting enough followers to monetise them and create a revenue stream, nothing wrong with that I suppose. I ceased watching YouTube shave channels years ago and have zero interest, respect, or trust in their reviews, opinions, or recommendations, including those made by YouTube members of this forum. Why anyone would base a razor purchase on YouTube reviews seems naive to me; perhaps I am getting too cynical in my old age.

The days of honest and independent EBay reviews are long gone I suspect. Most channels are set up with the sole aim of attracting enough followers to monetise them and create a revenue stream, nothing wrong with that I suppose. I ceased watching YouTube shave channels years ago and have zero interest, respect, or trust in their reviews, opinions, or recommendations, including those made by YouTube members of this forum. Why anyone would base a razor purchase on YouTube reviews seems naive to me; perhaps I am getting too cynical in my old age.
You are not being too cynical. Unfortunately, people (me included) have to learn the hard way. Lesson learned for me.

Now I stick to buying tried and true: old Gillette.

i was in the process of buying from GSC, but as i hadn't purchased from them before i decided to read some reviews(as i do with most companies I've never used before)thankfully i did as the reviews for GSC have stopped me from purchasing from them and I'll just spend my cash with one of the decent companies out there(which there are many) thanks all for saving me wasting my cash👍🏼😉

Hi everybody.

I was about to buy a JAVA Latte from GSC when I decided to research a little more about the model (I found little) and the GSC that brought me to this forum! I ended up buying a Yintal 9306T from Aliexpress ...
1615684269367.png

most of the shaving supply companies are great, most of the USA/Canada companies ive purchased from have been great with fast delivery even to the UK, the UK based companies are also great always fast delivery never had a problem with most of the companies, then that brings me to Global Shave Club, i read their reviews mostly 👎🏼bad reviews, but i thought I'd try them anyway nothing expensive, just a shave soap, to see what the fuss was about🤔, so ordered my shaving soap,after a few days received a postal confirmation mail, (but with no tracking number, TBC was the tracking status) after a month of waiting(and still no tracking status) i contacted GSC for a tracking number, which started almost 3 days of back and forth emails, (all my original mail asked for was the tracking number) so after around 8 emails "4 sent and 4 received" I'm still no nearer receiving a tracking number than i was when i sent 1st email, so luckily i had used Paypal for original order, so ive put in a Paypal claim, I'm just waiting on Paypal sorting it at the mo, but suffice to say all the bad reviews regarding GSC are true, and if anyone had any thoughts of using GSC think again, there are many great companies out there, GSC are certainly not one of them and should be avoided at all costs🤔

Last edited:
most of the shaving supply companies are great, most of the USA/Canada companies ive purchased from have been great with fast delivery even to the UK, the UK based companies are also great always fast delivery never had a problem with most of the companies, then that brings me to Global Shave Club, i read their reviews mostly 👎🏼bad reviews, but i thought I'd try them anyway nothing expensive, just a shave soap, to see what the fuss was about🤔, so ordered my shaving soap,after a few days received a postal confirmation mail, (but with no tracking number, TBC was the tracking status) after a month of waiting(and still no tracking status) i contacted GSC for a tracking number, which started almost 3 days of back and forth emails, (all my original mail asked for was the tracking number) so after around 8 emails "4 sent and 4 received" I'm still no nearer receiving a tracking number than i was when i sent 1st email, so luckily i had used Paypal for original order, so ive put in a Paypal claim, I'm just waiting on Paypal sorting it at the mo, but suffice to say all the bad reviews regarding GSC are true, and if anyone had any thoughts of using GSC think again, there are many great companies out there, GSC are certainly not one of them and should be avoided at all costs🤔
PayPal found in my favour and i received my refund👍🏼

Top Bottom