What's new

Glenfiddich any good?

<My only experience with the Lagavulin 18 was doused when the scent caught me the wrong way just as I sipped, and I ended up with a great deal of it in my windpipe. For a few seconds I thought I was going to die >

If Lagavulin will kill me, I don't mind dying!

A few months back one of my local supermarket chains had a sale, Glennfiddich was on special for thirty dollars a bottle (It is normally $60 here). Gangbusters! Buy a case, right? No. One catch. Only one bottle per customer.

Long story short, my mate and I spent the afternoon walking between the three outlets of this supermarket in my area, in the rain, buying one bottle each, moving to the next supermarket, buying another bottle, and so on.

By the end of the afternoon we were drunk, cold, soaking wet and had spent about three hundred dollars each.

Because of this sort of behavior the supermarket had run out of stock by the second day when we decided it was essential to restock our supplies. Luckily one of the local bottle shops has a policy that says they will not only match a competitors price, they will beat it by 5%. Back in business! We got another days shopping from them until they realized we were scamming them and their competitor had no stock.

So yes. I guess you could say it's an OK scotch.

My God, that sounds like something I would have done! I'll have a wee dram or two in your honor! Slainte!

I think another thing is that Irish stuff is distilled 3 times whilst the Scots distil twice.

Yep, generally very true. I can't think of a triple distilled Scotch I have a slight recollection there may be a couple. Not sure whether there are 2x Irish.

I am embarassed not to have remembered this but rather famously Auchentoshan is triple distilled. I think is the only currently made single malt to be triple distilled.

Right outside of Glasgow. Accessible by Mass Transit too. :biggrin:

Top Bottom