What's new

Glazes

I tried this tonight, over pork chops, along with roasted brussel sprouts. My wife loved it. Thanks for the suggestion. This will be in our regular rotation. I did omit the sugar and ad four chopped garlic cloves.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You're welcome! I'm glad y'all enjoyed it!

Peach nectar, honey, and basil on grilled pork chops

Reduced OJ, and brown sugar on Salmon

Apricot preserves, and balsamic vinegar on grilled or baked chicken

I would give amounts but I eyeball it.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
For lamb chops, I usually do the herbed honey mustard that I mentioned. It's basically 50/50 honey and Dijon mustard stirred up with minced or chiffonade herbs. Typically, I go with rosemary and mint, but I've also used tarragon, thyme, basil, or oregano. It's just a matter of what looks and sounds good.

Peach nectar, honey, and basil on grilled pork chops

Reduced OJ, and brown sugar on Salmon

Apricot preserves, and balsamic vinegar on grilled or baked chicken

I would give amounts but I eyeball it.
Those sound great! I’ll definitely be giving them a try!

For lamb chops, I usually do the herbed honey mustard that I mentioned. It's basically 50/50 honey and Dijon mustard stirred up with minced or chiffonade herbs. Typically, I go with rosemary and mint, but I've also used tarragon, thyme, basil, or oregano. It's just a matter of what looks and sounds good.
It’s 9:30am and now I want pork chops lol

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Sounds great- pork chops make a great breakfast meat, IMO

They are, indeed. A light orange-honey glaze (or just an orange blossom honey glaze) could be excellent for breakfast. Shoot. Just cut honey with some orange blossom water, and you're probably on to something mighty good.

How would you go about making a sweet and sour sauce? Kinda like what you get when you order Chinese food... I know there are recipes online, but do you guys have any that you’ve had success with?

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
How would you go about making a sweet and sour sauce?

I've only made it once, as I'm not a big fan of the stuff. Our sons used to love it, though, so I thought I would give it a whirl. I used this recipe: Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe

It was pretty good, although I recall that I cut the brown sugar to 1/4 cup and added the pineapple juice to taste. The applesauce variation mentioned in the comments sounded interesting, but I never got around to trying it.

I've only made it once, as I'm not a big fan of the stuff. Our sons used to love it, though, so I thought I would give it a whirl. I used this recipe: Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe

It was pretty good, although I recall that I cut the brown sugar to 1/4 cup and added the pineapple juice to taste. The applesauce variation mentioned in the comments sounded interesting, but I never got around to trying it.
Awesome, thanks for the link!

Made a glaze for pork chops last night and it was fantastic. In a saucepan melt 1/2 stick of salted butter. Add a half cup of brown sugar and melt it down, stirring often. Dice half of a red apple and add to mixture. Add 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper. Mince 1 garlic clove and add to saucepan. Simmer over low heat for 30 min, stirring often. The diced apple will candy itself by the time it’s done. Serve hot over a smoked pork chop (I used hickory to smoke mine.) It was the best pork chop I’ve ever had!

Top Bottom