What's new

Glasses by Warby Parker - if you wear prescriptions, READ THIS.

massive head syndrome. :blush: I looked on the site and it looks like all the frames are relatively small/narrow.

Good idea for regular head-size guys, though.

Which this offer of home try on is a huge plus. I sent them my measurements and they suggested a few frames. I told them if they shoot off of my face I'll send them back:lol:

I felt like a weeble wobble when I was a kid since I was "top heavy" and lanky I just swayed back and forth.

How do they have you measure pupiPupillary Distance?

I went to my eye center I get my contacts and told them I was interested in getting glasses and of course there were no frames that would fit. So I asked them if they can get my measurements and then after they told me how much it was going to be to order the frames I said it was too much money. I walked out with my prescription and measurements. Im not paying $289 after my insurance already picked up $175. Rip off.

Whenever I buy glasses, there is some tweaking required to get a good fit (one ear is slightly lower than the other, fit behind the ear, etc., etc.). How do you get a proper fit? Will opticians fit glasses that they did not sell you?

Whenever I buy glasses, there is some tweaking required to get a good fit (one ear is slightly lower than the other, fit behind the ear, etc., etc.). How do you get a proper fit? Will opticians fit glasses that they did not sell you?

I think so, though there's probably a small fee involved. Call around, I suppose. I should be able to handle my own, but my head's pretty symmetrical. :)

Shuron is an old school company that also provides try-at-home-before-buying. I think you have to pay a deposit. They have amazing customer service; I wish they had glasses that complemented my face better.

I bought a pair of glasses from Zennioptical.com. Price was right but when they arrived they just seemed a bit to small, I really like this idea and will give it a try.

Very interesting. Last pair of glasses I got was also over $500 and I could really use a new pair but don't have that kind of cash. The home try on sounds cool. I'm going to look into it.

I read the article in GQ and got very interested in Warby Parker.

Unfortuneatly when I went to their site It said that they dont ship to Canada!

Does anyone know if this is 100% true? If so any idea of other mail order services that deliver a quality product to Canada? I love the idea of trying on the frames before making my final decsion.

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Just received my pair. VERY nice worksmanship. Did a great job with the lenses, too - which is great, since I have a pretty powerful prescription. Will post pics later if I get a second.

Top Bottom