What's new

Glasses and using a straight

I wear glasses and I just started SR shaving at the beginning of September. I do not have any special mirror setup.

In the beginning I was extremely frustrated from the very first stroke starting at the bottom of my sideburns going downwards, probably a very similar problem as you. I just couldn't see clearly what the heck was going on. That led to my first cut on my very first shave because I got frustrated and did something stupid.

Today was shave #75. I'm happy to report that things are much better. Now I only have to see the tip of the blade at the start of a stroke and I can make the stroke no problem. Sometimes when I go XTG up towards the sideburn, I only need to spot the razor visually at the beginning of the stroke and I can make the entire stroke without seeing what is happening, going purely by feel.

Things will get better for you in due time, I have no doubt. I think everyone has some issues starting out. Your brain will naturally find its way if you keep at it.

It hadn’t occurred to me before today that I could use my old shaving in the shower technique of covering my side burns with my finger at the side burn edge.

I wear glasses and I just started SR shaving at the beginning of September. I do not have any special mirror setup.

In the beginning I was extremely frustrated from the very first stroke starting at the bottom of my sideburns going downwards, probably a very similar problem as you. I just couldn't see clearly what the heck was going on. That led to my first cut on my very first shave because I got frustrated and did something stupid.

Today was shave #75. I'm happy to report that things are much better. Now I only have to see the tip of the blade at the start of a stroke and I can make the stroke no problem. Sometimes when I go XTG up towards the sideburn, I only need to spot the razor visually at the beginning of the stroke and I can make the entire stroke without seeing what is happening, going purely by feel.

Things will get better for you in due time, I have no doubt. I think everyone has some issues starting out. Your brain will naturally find its way if you keep at it.
Good to hear. Im hoping thats the path mine goes to.

I use one of those mirrors that can be extended out from the wall so the mirror is 6" from my face and i don't have to lean over he sink.

Top Bottom