What's new

Glad to find this forum

New member. I am glad to find this forum as I am new to wet shaving, you have so much good information here. I accidentally stumbled into wet shaving. I am a thick coarse bearded guy and I was tired of paying an arm and leg for cartridges. I have never been able to use electirc razors do to the sensitive skin on my neck. I hated shaving and fought razor burn my whole life. Now I am 3 months into wet shaving after buying a $12 Vander Hagan at Walmart and I have been converted. My outlook on shaving has flipped 180. Via YouTube I learned prep and the do’s and don’ts. I quickly went to the R1, VB Crusader and then the Emperor. I use Astra Green and Feather blades, TOBS and Proraso soap and lean heavy on anything Sandalwood. I do not have any more issues with razor burn and don’t fight with nicks with my current equipment. Any advice for a newbie? I am now hooked and looking to grow my arsenal. Looking forward to your input.

Thanks E

Welcome!

I also left razor burn in the past when I switched from cartridge multiblade razors to DE over 9 years ago now.

As for advice, the best advice is to watch out for the rabbit hole.

However, I'd say a great place to look as you grow your arsenal is Razorock/Italian Barber not just for razors but for brushes, soaps, etc. Or if you want to jump up to a higher-class higher-priced razor arsenal Timeless, Blackland, Lambda, and Tatara are excellent choices IMHO.

New member. I am glad to find this forum as I am new to wet shaving, you have so much good information here. I accidentally stumbled into wet shaving. I am a thick coarse bearded guy and I was tired of paying an arm and leg for cartridges. I have never been able to use electirc razors do to the sensitive skin on my neck. I hated shaving and fought razor burn my whole life. Now I am 3 months into wet shaving after buying a $12 Vander Hagan at Walmart and I have been converted. My outlook on shaving has flipped 180. Via YouTube I learned prep and the do’s and don’ts. I quickly went to the R1, VB Crusader and then the Emperor. I use Astra Green and Feather blades, TOBS and Proraso soap and lean heavy on anything Sandalwood. I do not have any more issues with razor burn and don’t fight with nicks with my current equipment. Any advice for a newbie? I am now hooked and looking to grow my arsenal. Looking forward to your input.

Thanks E
Welcome! It sounds like you’re well on your way. In fact, I could probably use advice from you as I sit here with razor burn.

Welcome to B&B!
If you are still experimenting with blades visit Great Blade Exchange here on B&B.
Also many great threads on non-shaving topics.

Welcome to B&B -- This is a great place!
I'm fairly new but I've learned so much here.

I have never been able to use electric razors do to the sensitive skin on my neck. I hated shaving and fought razor burn my whole life.

I have similar coarse beard and issues with neck. Tried all the electrics and always had red rash on my neck. Cartridges were better but still always had neck rash. I finally just let my beard grow wild but I was getting tired of constantly cleaning egg yolk from breakfast out of my beard :letterk1:
1680971463430.png

I'm still learning but I'm finally getting my neck baby butt smooth and irritation free:)

Welcome to the friendliest group of people that love to help others! Your journey sounds similar and I will raise my hand and say I am a newbie as well. So much to learn here. And people are quality!

Lol, I read enough on hear the last couple days to convince me to bid on a Vintage 1940's Gold Tech with the Fat Handle. Just got one off eBay for $25.

Remember this moment because below is what will happen to you.

Welcome to B&B! @Alex Jr already mentioned the Tech - I hope you are indeed strong willed, because once that razor came into the house, all breaks were off at my place!

So if you ever need to calm down, just give me a call at 1-800-ENABLERS

Enjoy your time here!

Guido

The rabbit hole awaits but your in a good place, at least in a place where you be filled with good information as your shaving den grows then one day out of nowhere this happens.

lots of straights.jpg

Top Bottom