What's new

Glad to be here.

Hi Guys. I started wet shaving in the eighties as a teen, but never used good soap or cream and never used a brush. Just put some canned crap on my face and shaved with some razor I got from my pop. Got away from it for years as working two jobs left me looking for the fastest way to reduce my stubble and at times growing my beard. Now at 46 I am wet shaving again and really enjoying the ritual. Now I am using much better products, and have found several blades that I like, but would still like to find that perfect razor. Like many, I started with the 34C, which I still use. I prefer my Muhle R41 to the Merkur, but I think I can find an aggressive razor that is smoother. My next one will be stainless and I have narrowed it down to Timeless, Above the Tie, and Ikon. Most likely the ATT R2 or H2, Ikon Standard Bar with the B1 coating, or the Timeless OC .95mm. Would like to go open comb, but with the Ikon I think the more aggressive Standard is more for me, since I do like my R41. Reviews have me thinking that the Feathers and Pils might be mild for my taste, and Wolfman, if they ever come available again, has a scary price tag. Rockwell is another possibility, but I've seen mixed reviews on that one that sometimes mention poorly made heads and finish quality that doesn't compare to the others (and the Ikons aren't that much more expensive).
Welcome

Top Bottom