What's new

Glad to be here and help out!

Good evening gentlemen,

The powers that be have seen it fit to appoint me as a steward for this fine forum. I see it almost as a legacy appointment. It was our esteemed member and former steward (albeit of the shaving soap forum), Price, that got me hooked on pipe smoking by sending me an uber-generous starter kit. But my love for tobacco runs so much deeper than that. Since I was of legal age (and even before that) I have enjoyed cigars. I started on the cheapie Swisher Sweets and Black N' Milds and soon graduated to cigars I still love to this day such as Macanudo, Avo and Davidoff. I still consider myself a newbie on pipe smoking but I want to learn and am expanding my collection of pipes and tobaccos. I promise you all I will do my best to help out here so we can all have a great time and grow in our appreciation, love and usage of tobacco. This is a great hobby and relaxing pastime and I look forward to all we can go together! Please don't hesitate to PM me with any questions/concerns/problems/ideas/improvements/whatever...not to sound too corporate, but I would like to say that I have an open door(inbox) policy!

Cheers,

Ed

Congratulations Ed, I think The Brown Leaf is going to Love to have you

James Congratulations to you as well, You look great in Blue

Congrats on the NIB, James. I think the Goulet's should think about putting you on commission!

Congratulations Ed, I think The Brown Leaf is going to Love to have you

James Congratulations to you as well, You look great in Blue

Can someone please explain to me the difference between moderator and steward, or at least point me in the direction to an already existing delineation bewtween the two positions?

From my very limited understanding stewards are around to aid in participation, answer questions, provide a positive example of gentlemanly behavior and come with ideas to make B&B a better place. Moderators are more for enforcement of rules.

Can someone please explain to me the difference between moderator and steward, or at least point me in the direction to an already existing delineation bewtween the two positions?

Mods are mean, bitter beasts, while Stewards are gentle guides.

Love,

Vickers

P.S. Congrats Ed, well deserved.

Top Bottom