What's new

Giving up coffee...

True confession. I've been sneaking the occasional small cup of coffee. (Dont tell anyone). And it is to die for. And no ill effects. I realize how much I miss coffee. My cup is a bit bigger than an espresso cup and smaller than a regular cup. Probably holds 1/2 cup. I am afraid my once in a while foray back into coffee may send me on the slippery slope to 6 cups of espresso again.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
True confession. I've been sneaking the occasional small cup of coffee. (Dont tell anyone). And it is to die for. And no ill effects. I realize how much I miss coffee. My cup is a bit bigger than an espresso cup and smaller than a regular cup. Probably holds 1/2 cup. I am afraid my once in a while foray back into coffee may send me on the slippery slope to 6 cups of espresso again.
I'm so blessed. I have numerous? heart issues since birth? but caffeine has little or no I'll effect on my heart rate/rythym. I had an ablation years ago after a mitral valve replacement. But I now only drink maybe 2 cups per day.

Stay strong brother! Coffee in moderation has lots of benefits.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Here's hoping you can continue to enjoy! It's just a matter of learning to love that small but cherished cup now and then.

FarmerTan

It is amazing how good that tiny cup of coffee tastes.
Amen. And if that's all the benefit you get, who cares?

I had a nursing instructor who recommended we drink a cup of coffee, and she'd hand out bite sized chocolate candy bars on exam days! Musta worked, cuz I was too dumb to pass on my own strengths...

3-6 espresso' s while reafing a paper?
Damn!
I always drink two cappucino's in the morning.
With my single espresso's that makes 6 single shots on a day.
I feel good with that.
Going over that results in a higher heartbeat count.
All.about knowing your max.

FarmerTan

I love coffee. But I've had to switch to one cup of decaf per day. Somehow regular coffee causes an arrhythmia of my heart.
I am sensitive to artificial ingredients in chewing gum. Honestly, check it out to see if you are too. Phenylephrine? I think that's what got me last time.

It is amazing how good that tiny cup of coffee tastes.

You can do it. I can see where 6 cups a day would be an issue. I have high blood pressure and some other issues but I allow myself my two cups of french press cafe au lait in the morning. If you feel comfortable drinking a couple in the morning with your paper, instead of downing them like water, take the time to sip them and savor them and limit yourself to two.

I've been limiting my coffee to my eating windows (1-5 hours) and water only the rest of the time (time-restricted eating). This keeps my coffee drinking down, and so it never affect my getting to sleep. Seems the nicotine in it has a half life and can make it hard to doze off at night.

You can do it. I can see where 6 cups a day would be an issue. I have high blood pressure and some other issues but I allow myself my two cups of french press cafe au lait in the morning. If you feel comfortable drinking a couple in the morning with your paper, instead of downing them like water, take the time to sip them and savor them and limit yourself to two.
I agree
No sense killing your self to be healthy. Wait what?
oh well. If I had to Id taper down enjoying what I can always on the lookout for alternatives. My brother-in-law has coffee all day long and when I was visiting he would constantly inform me on the decaf/regular ratio of the current pot. It got kinda annoying but it’s his way.
“this is 30% regular for my afternoon blend” I’d just smile and thank him.

FarmerTan

I've been limiting my coffee to my eating windows (1-5 hours) and water only the rest of the time (time-restricted eating). This keeps my coffee drinking down, and so it never affect my getting to sleep. Seems the nicotine in it has a half life and can make it hard to doze off at night.
How are you doing with the eating/drinking window thing? I need a plan, or I will begin to pay physically for my lack of one.

I used to be an avid coffee drinker, at the least was a cup in the morning. No where near your consumption, however.

Now I'm usually off coffee until the weekend, when I'll have a cup on Saturday or Sunday and that's it.

Good luck with your continued restraint, but I certainly enjoy it more when it's not every day.

I am a diehard coffee drinker too...grind mine fresh daily so I understand how much it is to miss your daily cuppa.

Now, compare that to DE shaving....it's the other way around...I must...must have my daily 30mins shave routine and if I have too...will miss my coffee. I must admit missing coffee part does not happen always but usually on my work travels when I only have time for either making my espresso or shaving...shaving usually wins!

Best of luck and drink up!!

Top Bottom