What's new

Giving up coffee...

Yes, you read that correctly. I am giving up coffee. I have been an ardent coffee drinker for decades and I decided its time to hang up my espresso machine. I can easily enjoy 3 to 6 cups of espresso while reading the morning paper. And I truly love everything about coffee.

But, sadly, I have been experiencing some unusual health issues recently and I believe I have traced them back to my coffee consumption. I have tried reducing my consumption but the problems remain. I won't cry over this change in my life. I will, in my usual fashion, take it in stride and the sun will rise tomorrow. Fortunately I do enjoy tea. So for now I will see where this road takes me. Wish me well.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Can’t you just cut back your intake and still enjoy coffee in smaller amounts?

Good luck, rusty!

I hope quitting coffee resolves whatever health stuff is going on.

Fortunately, this forum also has a lot of people very knowledgeable about tea

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Health issues get the best of us some times.... I 5 years ago gave up smoking for vaping (electronic cigarettes) and last year ended up in the hospital for 3 days with breathing issues couldn't lay on my back or it would cause me to not breathe (everything is cleared up now)... Since January 1st of this year I haven't touched my vaping and now that I've found wet shaving it seems to have taken the hobby place that was one my vaping hobby. I wish you luck in your adventure of no coffee my good sir. Coffee is one thing I don't think I could give up but we never know until put in the position.

My doctor once told me I should give up drinking.

I told him, given the choice, I would rather continue drinking and see what happens.

That was 30 years ago.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
GL Rusty. I'm glad you at least found what was causing your issues, and I hope whatever they were remain resolved.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
You gotta do what you gotta do, man. There's no sense in tearing yourself up. Be happy, and enjoy your tea!

Yes, you read that correctly. I am giving up coffee. I have been an ardent coffee drinker for decades and I decided its time to hang up my espresso machine. I can easily enjoy 3 to 6 cups of espresso while reading the morning paper. And I truly love everything about coffee.

But, sadly, I have been experiencing some unusual health issues recently and I believe I have traced them back to my coffee consumption. I have tried reducing my consumption but the problems remain. I won't cry over this change in my life. I will, in my usual fashion, take it in stride and the sun will rise tomorrow. Fortunately I do enjoy tea. So for now I will see where this road takes me. Wish me well.
Rusty, if your in the states, and you havnt tried black assam tea, pm me your address.

Good luck. I’ve had some good tea, but a nice mug of strong coffee or a bit of espresso hits the spot for me.

I find it a blessing when we run into health problems that are easily treatable (so many aren’t). It sounds like your morning espresso/newspaper is as much of a ritual as anything. A nice morning tea should keep that ritual enjoyable for you. Good luck

Thank you all for the well wishes. I am finding tea is a reasonable substitute. Though I think I will forever miss my beloved espresso.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Good luck with the change. I don’t think I would cope. The only time that I can drink tea now is when I am feeling under the weather.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Gave up caffeine once. Tough. I am decreasing my intake, grudgingly, as I love AM coffee. Be strong, my friend.

Top Bottom