What's new

Giving my face the day off

During the time I was an electric shaver I always gave my face the day off on Saturday, my normal day off. But now that I am a wet shaver I actually enjoy shaving so much more. Saturdays present me with an unhurried opportunity to enjoy my shave without the rush of getting ready and needing to share the bathroom with my wife. To shave or not to shave? That is the Saturday morning question. But on this Saturday I choose not to shave. My face will thank me for the chance to rest and to assert its manly stubble once again. Happy Saturday everyone!

I join you in taking this day off. I have some irritated follicles that resulted from using the Feather blades perhaps too aggressively.

Day off?? No way!!

I find Saturdays/weekends/day off, is a good time to try new techniques/items that you want to test out. Also great to start trying out a straight since at least for me, it takes a long time to even practice getting some hair cut!

I take a day or two off from wet shaving any time I experience irritation after a shave. On those days I use an electric razor. The electric razor doesn't shave as close, but also doesn't cause any irritation.

I have found if I get too cocky with my razor that some over the counter Hydrocortisone 1.0% cream works wonders bringing down that red irritated look and feeling. Some Kenalog (triamcinolone acetonide 0.1%) cream works even better but that is a prescription product meant for allergic reactions and is very thick and white so it takes a bit to absorb. Try some aftershave balm first before resorting to steroid creams, though. Both are cheap, my tube of hydrocortisone was 88 cents for a 28g tube in the OTC section and the Kenalog prescription is about $4 for an 80g tube at a US Wal-Mart pharmacy (many insurances cover Kenalog but the price may be less than your co-pay anyway).

A day off? I just can't do it. To me, not shaving in the morning feels like staying in my pajamas. I occasionally think about how relaxing it would be to skip it, but in the end I never do.

Nothing at all wrong with giving your face a rest from time to time. I only shave 2, or at the most 3 times a week. When I do shave, each shave is nice and smooth with little irritation. :a22:

Day off?? There are only two days each week when I can get my Hollywood shave. For the non-military types, that's an extended, pamper-me session.

My Grandfather always recommended a day off once in a while.

Before I discovered DE shaving, I was only too pleased to take his advice. Now though, I can't wait to shave in the morning.

It's a ritual. I think that it's an excellent psychological exercise to look at your own face in a mirror each day. Time spent shaving is time well spent.

I usually use my Saturdays to try new things when I can go slower. I usually give Friday the day off so I have some growth for Saturday.

Friday is casual day in the office so I pretend to be one of the "cool" younger guys and not shave.

Having said that Saturday night I enjoy a loooong, luxury shave with a decent drink afterwards with TLOTH.

Top Bottom