What's new

Giveaway.

Everyone is welcome. I'm looking for a good way to store straight razors, at home & for travel. So, if your in on this giveaway, please show me your suggestions :thumbup:
I will pick one winner by random in 3 days time from today

I've tried to upload a photo without any success :001_huh:

Gillette Aristocrat 1948-50 replated in rhodium
Semogue 620
5 Voskhod blades
2 Feather Blades

Don't have any straights buy came across this:
. Store them on the wall in your bedroom. I picked up an old spoon display case at an antique store for about $20, covered the top and front of the holes with electrical tape, and put some razors in it! The tangs fit nicely into the bottom of the holes, and are quite secure.

proxy.php

I like the idea of using the Oxo good grips toothbrush organizer for my sink top and I am considering buying one. Find them here. For travel or for sending a straight razor in the mail for honing, I would suggest using a basic plastic toothbrush holder. It protects your razor from damage in your luggage and if and when you mail it, you should stuff either end with cotton or other cushion material.

Good luck in your quest. If I do win your PIF/offering, I plan to PIF all the materials to a friend whom I wish to introduce to wet shaving.

Thanks for the opportunity to help you or others,

Frank

Or for storage this looked cool:
$19.99 foam
$ 6.99 box - Its one of those boxes that looks like a book
Not a bad first try and I have a ton of the foam left over. This stuff is great. It's easy to work with, though a fresh razor blade cuts way better then the silly knife they give you.

Makes for a great 7 Day set !​
proxy.php
Attached Images

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Silicone treated sleeves from the superior shave. You can see one under the razor in this pic and a few more in the box in the background

Last edited by a moderator:
A large cigar tube can work for some straights for travel. And they look cool.
proxy.php

Last edited:
Pipe stands work or take a cigar box and put foam in it or find a small silver ware box they usually can hold straights

Toothbrush holders from the travel section at Walmart are a must. Keep everything right and protected. For storage at home a cheap tackle box or a cigar box with foam cutouts. I personally have the foam cutouts for my DEs, did it myself for a few dollars.

For travel I like to wrap my razor in a bandana and put it in a cigar box with the AS and a couple other things I'll use on the trip. For home I saw a guy got some towel hangars and mounted them on the wall I thought looked pretty cool.

I'm in. This is my setup- pretty spare and utilitarian, and while I am not sure how well it would work for a true straight, it works great for my shavettes. Just a $10 toothbrush holder from Wal Mart, with some foam glued into the base. I put a little Wacky Tack on the bottom for stability.
$Razorpics 006.jpg

I've seen several silverware organizers that look like they would work VERY well for straights... However, they would take up a lot of counter space... pretty inexpensive option...

For travel, I wonder about something along the lines of the tupperware pastaspaghetti holder(its a bit on the large side, but a straight/couple of straights wrapped in a towel/bandanna and even some AS might fit nicely in there...

Dean

A cigar box like these one could work.

$image.jpg

I made mine for DE but can easily be used for a straight.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Definitely in, want to try Voskhod blades so bad, haven't tried feather either and a razor never hurts lol. Personally I want something like this, compact, portable and very cool looking.

$uploadfromtaptalk1395001085285.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1395001093193.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1395001101215.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in. I believe in keeping it simple. For travel, I suggest old soft or hard sunglasses or eyewear case.

$IMG-20140316-00340.jpg

Top Bottom