What's new

Girls Night Batch Cocktail?

My fiance is having her 4 best friends and mother over this weekend. Some of them are travelling quite a distance for this special occasion so I've committed to help facilitating this. I'm expecting to be doing much of the cooking and bar tending and was wondering if you fine people might have some good suggestions for batch drinks? something i can mix a large amount of and then let them serve them selves with not a lot of fuss.

All suggestions welcome!

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I’ve done Margaritas and Long Island Iced teas in the past. Mix them, put ‘em in the fridge in large batches. For the Margaritas pull the mix out add ice in the blender and blend.

Another idea is to come up with a cocktail or 2 that your fiancé enjoys and make a drink station. Put out the ingredients and a sign with different suggestions for making the drinks. One that’s always a hit with my wife’s friends is a martini station. We put out the ingredients for a few different types of martinis like chocolate, peach, apple, etc. Everyone gets to create their own little personalized cocktail. I’ve done this with Old Fashioned’s, Martinis, Bloody Mary’s, and Mimosas. If they like Bourbon and Rye a Manhattan station with different Vermouths, Bourbons/Ryes, bitters was probably the most popular station I’ve ever done.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Margaritas are really easy to batch make.
Worst case scenario...

Just sayin'

everclear-190-proof-1_1512x.jpg
00043000016602.jpg

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
That brings back BAD memories. I guess really what it brings back are memories that I can’t remember. There was A LOT of vomiting involved the next day. I do remember that.
🤮🤢
And just imagine if you had made a run for the border at Taco Bell on top of that. :001_smile

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I'd make some simple syrup and have bourbon and/or rye, gin, dry vermouth, sweet vermouth, mixers, and Campari and offer old fashioneds, Manhattans, negronis, Americanos, highballs, vermouth with a twist on the rocks, Campari and soda...all super simple and, except for shaking or stirring time, fast. Make up a drink menu with descriptions.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Jello shots are usually a big hit with the ladies. Getting some silicone molds or something similar to pour the shots in would up the fun factor. A cocktail with coffee in it near the middle or end of the evening might be nice to keep everyone bright and lively.

I asked my wife:

1. “I like Old Fashioneds.” I like the idea of letting guests pick their bitters.
2. “Maybe Aperol Spritzes.” She understands it does require a little mixing. And don’t forget an olive. No soda water, please.
3. Martini station

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
You cannot beat a classic whiskey sour. The first time you make one is eye-opening. Shaking with the egg whites without ice, integrates the egg whites and generates a beautiful froth.

Make a large amount, and then shake individual glasses with ice.

You can substitute gin, vodka, etc., in place of the whiskey.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I’ve been wanting to try one of this guys mixers for a long time. I just don’t have that many friends!

I suppose the classic would be Cosmos.

Worst case scenario...

Just sayin'

everclear-190-proof-1_1512x.jpg
00043000016602.jpg
That would be truly evil. The classier version of Grain would be with Hawaiian Punch and a few citrus items floating around in it. Goes down easy and comes up easy, too.

Do you think they really want something like full strength cocktails or more like spritzes?

I would hesitate to make anything that requires carbonation, whether from soda of some sort or from sparkling wine, because the carbonation will dissipate in you make a big batch and try to hold it, although I find champagne cocktails and the like nicely festive. You can make cocktails that need to be shaken or stirred with ice and keep them in a thermos to keep them really cold to serve them neat. I suppose you could also bottle the cocktail and keep the bottle on ice. I think trying to keep drinks in ice even in a cooler can be problematic because of dilution. Although I suppose that is the classic way to serve punch.

How about a Philadelphia Fish House Punch? Google it. A wonderful, tasty drink suitable for preparing in advance. But very strong and goes down very easy!

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I suppose the classic would be Cosmos.

That would be truly evil. The classier version of Grain would be with Hawaiian Punch and a few citrus items floating around in it. Goes down easy and comes up easy, too.

Do you think they really want something like full strength cocktails or more like spritzes?

I would hesitate to make anything that requires carbonation, whether from soda of some sort or from sparkling wine, because the carbonation will dissipate in you make a big batch and try to hold it, although I find champagne cocktails and the like nicely festive. You can make cocktails that need to be shaken or stirred with ice and keep them in a thermos to keep them really cold to serve them neat. I suppose you could also bottle the cocktail and keep the bottle on ice. I think trying to keep drinks in ice even in a cooler can be problematic because of dilution. Although I suppose that is the classic way to serve punch.

How about a Philadelphia Fish House Punch? Google it. A wonderful, tasty drink suitable for preparing in advance. But very strong and goes down very easy!
I googled it and will be doing Philadelphia Fish House Punch at Thanksgiving.

I googled it and will be doing Philadelphia Fish House Punch at Thanksgiving.
I hope you like. I love it. Careful, though. It has a lot of alcohol and it is not so apparent to the drinker that it does! There is a story about George Washington drinking too much of it one night!

Top Bottom