What's new

Gillette's New Palace of Industry Isleworth, Middlesex

Hey,

found this quite interesting commemoration booklet of the opening ceremony. 39 pages with awesome pictures. i like the picture of the entry hall with a display board full of gillette razor sets :drool:

interesting are the two pages of "how to build a gillette aristocrat and valet" with all parts and production steps. the aristocrat was build in 60 steps...

if you want to read the booklet, send me a pm with your email adress.

michael

proxy.php

proxy.php

Hey,

found this quite interesting commemoration booklet of the opening ceremony. 39 pages with awesome pictures. i like the picture of the entry hall with a display board full of gillette razor sets :drool:

interesting are the two pages of "how to build a gillette aristocrat and valet" with all parts and production steps. the aristocrat was build in 60 steps...

if you want to read the booklet, send me a pm with your email adress.

michael

PM sent, thank you, what an awesome thing to share.

Awesome Pics!! If we could only master time travel..

I think that the only ones allowed to master time travel are the Time Lords from Gallifrey, however, if you can get your hands on a TARDIS like the Doctor and you can :wink2:

WOW, would love to see it - PM sent.

Copyright would have long expired in this/copies for personal study purposes are normally exempt.

What an amazing book publication,I would so much love to read it please send me details.
I have just registered on this forum as I am trying to find in formation on Sir Ernest Herbert Cooper who was Chairman of Gillette in the 1930's, He retired in the late 1950's and retired to his home country Canada, I believe it was Ontario.
The reason I am researching Sir Ernest is purely because I am a member of the Rolls Royce enthusiast club and the car which I purchased just over a year ago revealed that the first owner in 1935 was Sir Ernest Herbert Cooper. A picture of the car can be seen on my website www.bolynweddingcarhire.co.uk if anyone has any information on Sir Ernest or could give me any advice as to where I should search I would be more than grateful,many thanks. Spongy

There are plans to turn the old factory into a four star hotel and "business park." In the future we can make a pilgrimage and stay inside the old factory. It's a shame that they don't make Aristocrats in here anymore, but at least they didn't tear down this Art Deco beauty.

fyi i think rasierhobel was banned from this forum because of another member who cheated on him... he isnt a native speaker therefore the other guy told the admins a lot of wrong things and he couldnt justify himself... therfore i think he can not read and respond anylonger...

fyi i think rasierhobel was banned from this forum because of another member who cheated on him... he isnt a native speaker therefore the other guy told the admins a lot of wrong things and he couldnt justify himself... therfore i think he can not read and respond anylonger...

+1

unfortunately this is true. I´m missing @rasierhobel on this board.

here are some pictures from the empty Isleworth Factory from 2008 and 2011:

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums...lette-Factory-Gillette-Corner-London-Oct-2008

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/62388-Gillette-Factory-%96-West-London-Jun-2011

What...another member cheated on him? So what....Why would the Mods be interested on who cheated on who? This is not dating site this is a Shaving site.

What...another member cheated on him? So what....Why would the Mods be interested on who cheated on who? This is not dating site this is a Shaving site.

i do not mean cheating in the meaning of cheating somebody with a girl or something like that... i mean that the member told the mods lies about rasierhobel and therefore he was banned but everything what that member told the mods was not true... rasierhobel had no chance to justify himself cause he was banned before he could answer anything... therefore it is a shame for the mods who banned him forever! i think that he changed a razor with a member and the other guy want to rechange and he shipped the razor back but the other member never ever shipped rasierhobels razor back... poor guy but he is still a member...

Last edited:
So did this book ever get scanned? This would be an awesome resource/curiosity for collectors.

I have a copy on my computer at home and will be glad to share it with you. I'm on the road for two more days, but if you PM me your email address I'll send it as soon as I get home.

i do not mean cheating in the meaning of cheating somebody with a girl or something like that... i mean that the member told the mods lies about rasierhobel and therefore he was banned but everything what that member told the mods was not true... rasierhobel had no chance to justify himself cause he was banned before he could answer anything... therefore it is a shame for the mods who banned him forever! i think that he changed a razor with a member and the other guy want to rechange and he shipped the razor back but the other member never ever shipped rasierhobels razor back... poor guy but he is still a member...

who Rasierhobels is member still?

Top Bottom