What's new

Gillette's new heated 5-blade razor. Available soon for just $160.

Whether one agrees with Gillette or not, they are innovative. They have been producing shave gear for a very long time and have remained relevant for over 100 years.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Can I do the same thing by rinsing it with hot water?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Ad Astra

The Instigator
If you throw your brush, razor and bowl in the sinkful of hot water ... you can save a lot of money!

AA

Can I do the same thing by rinsing it with hot water?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
gif k.gif

According to the company's testing, it will heat up your skin far more substantially than just passing your razor under hot water.
What about compared to passing their new razor (with the metal bar) under hot water? It's the plastic that is the problem.
I'm thinking that a big chunk of metal for a heat sink (and no electric power) will release the heat gradually, just like any other all-metal DE razor head.
If you throw your brush, razor and bowl in the sinkful of hot water ... you can save a lot of money!
That's what I do.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
What about compared to passing their new razor (with the metal bar) under hot water? It's the plastic that is the problem.
I'm thinking that a big chunk of metal for a heat sink (and no electric power) will release the heat gradually, just like any other all-metal DE razor head.

That's what I do.

Exactly. And John, that's a fairly thin metal bowl. A thicker one will retain heat longer (obviously); mine
is about 1/3" and holds heat at least a couple minutes.

AA

Top Bottom