What's new

Gillette's fight to get India away from DE shaving.

As someone who grew up in India (left when I was 18), I know my dad always used DE's. As he got older he wanted to switch to cartridges (Mach 3 and such) but did not want to pay that much. It was not a question of being able to afford it but he considered it a luxury that he would rather not spend money on.

The current generation may be different in India (not sure since I have not lived there for over 22 years now) but when I visit I get the impression that most of the guys in their 20's or so would rather use disposables/cartridges than DE/SE.

As someone who grew up in India (left when I was 18), I know my dad always used DE's. As he got older he wanted to switch to cartridges (Mach 3 and such) but did not want to pay that much. It was not a question of being able to afford it but he considered it a luxury that he would rather not spend money on.

The current generation may be different in India (not sure since I have not lived there for over 22 years now) but when I visit I get the impression that most of the guys in their 20's or so would rather use disposables/cartridges than DE/SE.
Thank you for that insight!

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
All of the options available on Amazon for the Gillette guard were from sellers in India using Amazon as a host site. Even under 'normal' circumstances it took anywhere from 6-10 weeks to arrive to a US address from the date of shipping (which was usually a week after the order was placed).

I'm sure you are correct. The only difference was that my order didn't take anywhere that long. I had it much quicker. Looking at my archive order it says 2 day shipping, but they don't record the actually dates. I can say it was not more than a week, so perhaps they had some product on U.S. soil at that time (March '19).

I'm sure you are correct. The only difference was that my order didn't take anywhere that long. I had it much quicker. Looking at my archive order it says 2 day shipping, but they don't record the actually dates. I can say it was not more than a week, so perhaps they had some product on U.S. soil at that time (March '19).

I must have ordered at bad times haha. I placed x4 separate orders for the 96ct blades (each time somewhere between $22-$26 shipped) over the last almost 3 years and each one came stray from India and took 6-10 weeks. You lucked out lol, I read reports of other people getting them as quick as you via Amazon as well.

I believe due to lockdown in India the Gillette Guard is unavailable via eBay and Amazon at the moment. It says it won't even ship to the states right now

I believe due to lockdown in India the Gillette Guard is unavailable via eBay and Amazon at the moment. It says it won't even ship to the states right now
Ebay and Amazon listings of the guard are private sellers who shop directly from India via India post. They probably would get held up in customs

Top Bottom