What's new

Gillette Wilkinson Sword (india)

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I work in a supermarket and the only DE blades that we sell are the Indian Wilkinson Swords. The problem is we sell them for $14.00 for a pack of 10. Not very cheap and one of the most regularly stolen shaving products in our store.

I used the Indian made Gillette Wilkinson Sword today after a loooong time. Paired it with my Edwin Jagger DE89. Holy cow, these are superb blades. Very sharp and pretty smooth.
I previously used this blade a while back when I was still using a plastic Gillette DE razor. Used that razor for a number of years. Way before shaving became a hobby.
I have thick, course beard but even with a DE89 which is considered a milder razor, I managed a BBS shave with only 2 passes. I'm amazed. These blades are super cheap here in Malaysia. USD7 for 200 blades. Now that's a great deal!

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
The Chinese Gillette Wilkies for the Indian market are, with the Gillette Silver Blues, my fave blades. I usually get about 10 smooth shaves from one of these blades, and shaves #3-8 are outstanding. I bought 300 about 2 years ago.

dont think they can be that bad as your huntindon beach rep. uses the indian salon blade quit a bit as a goto blade .
Sorry Hunninton beach

Last edited:
The Chinese Gillette Wilkies for the Indian market are, with the Gillette Silver Blues, my fave blades. I usually get about 10 smooth shaves from one of these blades, and shaves #3-8 are outstanding. I bought 300 about 2 years ago.
Agreed. I tried the Chinese made just this week and am impressed.

any info please?

confused with all the different blades under same wilkinson sword name...US made, German made???

on a whim i ordered these DE blades from auction site, they cost $6.38 US/ 100 blades shipped approx 2 weeks

did gillette sell out/ liscence its name for these blades
i've read where these are made in china for india market, is this true?

@ 6 cents a blade (5.8 cents) these would be the least expensive blades I've ever tried

anyone else use these specific blades?
shave review?
anymore info?View attachment 971750 View attachment 971751
Great blades and very smooth.

lasta

Blade Biter
Chinese Gillette Wilkinsons are harder to find now. If you like it, London Bridge is pretty close/identical.

*Modern London Bridge.

I love the German Wilkies so can’t wait to try the Indian & Chinese ones when I start testing blades again. I don’t like testing out new razors and new blades at the same time since you don’t know if a bad shave comes from the razor or blade.

To me the German Wilkies could use maybe a tad more sharpness but they are the smoothest blades I’ve ever used. But in some razors they don’t seem to pair well due to not being quite as sharp as my favorite Astra SPs and Nacets.

The German ones aren’t dull by any means and to me are sharper then Personnas & some other highly regarded blades. I have never tested a blade from India or China so it’ll be interesting to compare.

I like the Indian version much more than the German version. While I get many more shaves from the German blade, they are not as enjoyable as the Indian blades.

The Chinese WS have a single chevron on their box.

proxy.php

The ones from India have a double chevron design.

proxy.php

I have used the ones from India. For 6-Cents each, they are a great DE razor blade. I can't fault them.

The German ones are OK too. I can't find anything wrong with them either. Though I don't find myself enamored with them as others are. The German versions are three times the price of the ones from India. I fail to see the additional value?

Top Bottom