What's new

Gillette Wild Rain Hoarding.something similar?

This is the only Gillette Wild Rain product that could be found at my local Shoppers:

$wildrain.jpg

On sale till Friday too!

Regarding the Wild Rain Gillette Gel Deodorant, I have been buying that scent for many years. I went from the green label called Wild Rain, and without any notice, they started calling it Gillette Sport in an orange and blue bottle, and not bothering to tell anyone it was the same scent. In tiny print in the lower left corner, it said Wild Rain. Then, I just opened a new package, and much to my dismay, even though it says Wild Rain still in tiny print, it IS NOT the same scent. I spent all day smelling like lemons and oranges! A complete citrus grove!

I do not know what they are thinking over at Gillette, and I wonder if any of them ever heard about Coca-Cola changing their formula once--it didn't go so well. I really was a loyal customer to the Wild Rain scent, but I cannot spend all day smelling like citrus, so I am off to find another deodorant. I am very disappointed in Gillette!

Last edited:
OK - so when I was about 14-15, I received a Gillette gift set.. This was received by me on Thanksgiving day and the Wild Rain has since been synonymous with the holidays.

I admit to having a problem. Hello, my name is BubblesTGB and I am a product hoarder.

Lucky for you whoever gave you the gift didn't make it Penhaligon's!

I'm glad to see this thread. I was a fan of the Gel Deoderant, but it is no longer available without the Anti-Perspirant. I remember liking the Wild Rain scent, but didn't lose any sleep over the scent change. I just miss the lasting power of gel deoderant. I don't use Anti-Perspirant so I have had to switch to Right Guard spray. This thread has renewed my hope that I may be able to stock up on Gel Deoderant if I can ever find it. Thank you.

When you find something you really really like and know you'll always like it, you can't depend on the manufacturer sharing your sustained enthusiasm. You HAVE to buy up as much of it as possible! :biggrin: Too bad that doesn't work with things that are expensive and things that have a limited shelf life.

You probably shouldn't have discarded those deodorant gels that liquefied. It's the scent you like; you could have used them in a different way or possibly even repaired them. Off the top of my head, maybe corn starch could have re-gelled them.

You probably shouldn't have discarded those deodorant gels that liquefied. It's the scent you like; you could have used them in a different way or possibly even repaired them. Off the top of my head, maybe corn starch could have re-gelled them.

Didn't even think of it. Fortunately, I was able to order replacement deodorant out of Canada last year. They still sell the deodorant with the true wild rain scent. I haven't found it here in the states.

I think there might be a place in Montréal that could possibly still have some NOS Wild Rain Aftershave bottles, the place it known to sell stuff from 20 years ago : / I'll need to investigate.

proxy.php

I'll keep my eyes open, but I haven't noticed wild rain up here(Canada) for a while. I used it for years as gel anti-perspirant, but switched to cool wave when I met my wife.

Fabulous collection. If I ever decide which product, cream, blade, scent, whatever, is The One For Me, I'll do some mild hoarding: enough for a year or two. If I hear about a discontinuance, hold me back.

Not recommending anyone try this, but yes, it most certainly does work. Back in college, a couple friends and I "strategically" placed about a dozen lumps of frozen Barbasol in someone's dorm room. When they got back from class and opened the door, a sea of foam poured out!
Now I have to try it.

Nice collection.

I haven't seen Wild Rain anywhere here but that doesn't mean it is non-existent. I fell in love with another Gillette fragrance that they also discontinued called Storm Force. I have a partly used bottle and 2 full backups plus some gel deodorant, but I need to check the deodorant because that might have gone bad.

I was a big fan of Wild Rain my self. It completely disappeared and I was looking for it for more than a year. I also liked the gel deodorant (or was it anti-perspirant). I haven't seen it in years in Norway, in any scent.

Is there an other scent that are similar to the Wild Rain?

I decided to go on a hunt for Wild Rain! Last time I tracked something down, it was a ''Made in UK'' Kangol flatcap that I found in a small boutique, 6-7 years after they sent the production in China.

Top Bottom