What's new

Gillette Wild Rain Hoarding.something similar?

> 5 Deodorant - "Newer" version. 35 original were thrown away due to spoilage

Just curious... how does deodorant spoil?

Good question. It was the gel style and when I went to use it, they had all turned watery and no longer had a gel consistency.

My BROTHER!!!!:lol:

Oh YEAH, BubblesTGV, you're one of us, alright! (Says the guy with 6 full large glass bottles of Aqua Velva and 4 bottles of Skin Bracer Cooling Blue sitting in his freezer, along with a few other odds & ends:blush:)

Yes - this shaving product hoarding is a real problem.

Our local grocery chain is Publix and they have a poor selection of shaving products. They have, however, carried Williams pucks for as long as I have been shopping there. I went in today and they had a clearance tab under the Williams for .99. I dont mind Williams but it isn't my favorite. But when I saw the tag said remove from shelves after 4/4/2013 - I ended up buying the last 8 pucks they had. I don't know why.

Last edited:
I never heard of Wild Rain until seeing this thread.
We ars truly a sick bunch.

I like Cool Wave and hope it stays around for a good while.

Tell me of this Shoppers Drugmart. How do I find it? Is it the real Wild Rain deodorant or the Wild Rain that says Gillette Sport Scent with an orange label?

I just bought Wild Rain deodorant yesterday at Shoppers Drugmart. They also have antiperspirant and aftershave splash.

Tell me of this Shoppers Drugmart. How do I find it? Is it the real Wild Rain deodorant or the Wild Rain that says Gillette Sport Scent with an orange label?
Shoppers Drugmart is a chain of pharmacies in Canada. The label is green and black, not orange. The one with the orange label I have never seen, but the American packaging could be different. I don't know if Pharma Plus has it as well, but if you are ever in Canada, Shoppers is everywhere. Well.ca has the clear gel.

Last edited:
Wow - Thanks Wetshavemike!

Now - any Canadians want to hit up one of these fine establishments and pick up some Wild Rain for me and I will PayPal you the money :thumbup:

Wow - not to bring back my own thread but I was doing some googling for my favorite scent and there was a Facebook page called

Bring Back Wild Rain Aftershave. https://www.facebook.com/GilletteWildRainAftershave

imagine my surprise when they had a link to this thread pointing out how hooked I am- and I don't even know these people. Well I am glad to see I am not the only one and that there some others out there. Long live Wild Rain!

Last edited:
ahhhhhh.....yeah. more like crazy person :blink:
I did this with Old Spice "Sport" deodorant. For some reason they changed the colour and the style of the deodorant sticks that I had gotten used to and loved oh-so-very much. I ran around frantically trying to find my favourite stick, and one store had about 30 left on the shelf. I looked like a damn fool, but I cleared the shelf.... I hate it when they change things you love :thumbdown

Last edited:
What a blast from the past. Gillette's Wild Rain deodorant gel was the first deodorant I ever used. I remember being 10 or 11 years old and standing there trying to decide which one to pick, as I had no clue. I don't remember what it smells like, but I do remember that I loved the smell.

Now - any Canadians want to hit up one of these fine establishments and pick up some Wild Rain for me and I will PayPal you the money :thumbup:

I'll try to take a walk over at lunch and see if my Shoppers has any and then take a pic of it to see if it's the stuff you really want.

Top Bottom