What's new

Gillette Wild Rain Hoarding.something similar?

OK - so when I was about 14-15, I received a Gillette gift set. This was my introduction to shaving. This gift set contained a Sensor Excel, Wild Rain shaving gel and Wild Rain A/S. This was received by me on Thanksgiving day and the Wild Rain has since been synonymous with the holidays.

I admit to having a problem. Hello, my name is BubblesTGB and I am a product hoarder.

Gillette discontinued, for the most part, Wild Rain in the mid-00s. When I caught wind of this, I bought up as much as I could. I hesitate to post a picture of my collection because it might be a little shocking to the faint of heart.

Nonetheless, I have hoarded quite a bit of Wild Rain product. I only use this for about 5-6 weeks around the holidays and my wife has calculated that at my current rate of use, I would have enough to last me until age 156. This does not stop the AD.

As recently as the past year, Gillette was selling a "sport scent" deodorant in a silver and orange package that was the original Wild Rain fragrance. However, somewhere along the way, they changed the scent. It still said Wild Rain in small print on the bottom of the deodorant label, but it was most certainly NOT the Wild Rain fragrance.

So I ask, my fellow B&Bers - Is there any current source of Wild Rain products? Alternately - is there any product/combination of products that would have a similar scent?

Thank you in advance and if I get the courage up, I will post a picture of my Wild Rain stash..

21 Bottles of Aftershave
27 Cans of Shaving Goo
8 After Shave Gel
12 Body Spray
5 Deodorant - "Newer" version. 35 original were thrown away due to spoilage
14 Bottles of Skin Conditioning Gel

...........Plus there is another box of the same size in the closet - so roughly double this :blush::scared:

Attachments

• $DSC_0287.jpg
    $DSC_0287.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 676
  • $DSC_0288.jpg
    $DSC_0288.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 672
  • $DSC_0289.jpg
    $DSC_0289.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 669
someone told me a while back that if you freeze a can of shave cream and then peel the can off the lump of frozen goo, when it thaws it will make a big pile of foam. yes no?

Nice stash by the way.

I would be proud to have hoarded such a proud display.

I have about 1500 blades in my stash and will buy anther 100 pack this weekend from the bay. It is something programmed in me. I just need to buy something... anything, or I cant get right.

Ahhhh Wild Rain, the lost after shave splash ! That was one hell of a manly scent :) I have a bottle from 1993 that was given to me by my grandad, I still have enough AS for 4 or 5 shaves so I keep it for special occasions. I daily use its lil' Brother, Gillette Cool Wave, which is a very decent AS with a nice smell.

I like the Cool Wave too and am glad that it is still available. I was just hoping there would be something out there that smelled like Wild Rain. Maybe we can get the fragrance experts and chemists together and create something.

someone told me a while back that if you freeze a can of shave cream and then peel the can off the lump of frozen goo, when it thaws it will make a big pile of foam. yes no?

Not recommending anyone try this, but yes, it most certainly does work. Back in college, a couple friends and I "strategically" placed about a dozen lumps of frozen Barbasol in someone's dorm room. When they got back from class and opened the door, a sea of foam poured out!

> 5 Deodorant - "Newer" version. 35 original were thrown away due to spoilage

Just curious... how does deodorant spoil?

Top Bottom