What's new

Gillette warranty cards matching the correct razors that were included with them etc.

I am somewhat new here and a beginning collector of vintage double edge razors. I have learned a lot by reading the vast articles and viewing photos from members here within this great web site. I have not seen and correct me if wrong, a subject that came to me the other day after going through hundreds of photos. It dawned on me that we have many collectors of new old stock Gillette's here and wanted to shed some light on what i have observed. I have been seeing many here showing off there new old stock razors. I want to keep this as close to the subject of the late 50's-60's Gillette adjustable's and the warranty cards that are shown with them or nos sets. There seems to be an un known for what ever reason about what cards came or did come with what razors. For example what card came with the f-4 and d-1 toggles? What and if did a warranty card come with the 195 or fatboy razor, the slims, executives, aristocrat's etc.. This is not to be confused with the card that came with the serial number toggle in 1956 which was a 4 digit number and above the verbiage is " Guarantee registration certificate" (PIC 6) above the 4 digits SERIAL #. I have seen some cards that collectors have that state a razor number like a 7647, or a 12786 or a 11403. These cards look like variants to cards that came with d-1 and f-4 toggles and a bit in the looks of a serial toggle warranty card. The smaller folded card about the size of a blue blades pack, that is shown (pic 3) with some collectors and there fatboys and red dots is again a different card all together.It does fold and roughly the size of a blue blades pack and fits under that pack in the case.

I was told by one razor expert that, bottom dials and fatboys did not come with warranty cards because they were only $1.95 razor? and that warranty cards only came with Gillette higher end razors of this era, like toggle's..I was further told that the card that came with the toggle looks like ones i see with collectors fatboys??

I thought this would be a very interesting discussion here, as we have most likely all bought a nos set along the way, and it would be nice knowing if it is really factory orig with the correct warranty card, the correct blade pack, instruction booklet, etc.

It also nice to know that whatever set you own, the person whom you bought it from Hopefully, did not piece meal your set to appear as close to that orig razor or era or style of packaging etc..

All these things being correct, as most know make a huge difference in the razor sets value.

I will add pics as i have find them of adjustable razors with there warranty cards etc.Nos.. I will number the pic's and thus we can reference to them and state there authenticity and if they belong to that razor set.

This subject at hand, brings out the true Gillette collector and there expertise.. No Doubt!

Please feel free to show off your nos "complete set" adjustable's here as well!!:thumbup1:

1st.. Did fatboys or 195 razors did they come with warranty cards? if so please show the correct pics.

2nd Did bottom dials come with warranty cards or a card with a razor number etc.. if so show pics.

3rd Gillette toggles d-1 f-4 what cards is correct here. Please show pics.

4th Gillette nickle or chrome toggle. I have seen a card like a d-1 f-4 toggle and one with a 5 digit razor number on the card.? which is correct. Please show pics.

5th Gillette slims did a warranty card come with those. Please show pics.

6th Gillette Aristocrat Adjustable 1960's did it come with a warranty card? Please show pics.

7th Gillette executive's late 50's adjustable,Did they come with warranty cards. Show pics.

8th Were warranty cards in with the instruction booklets that came with the razor inside the cellophane blue blades packs in some circumstances?. Show pics.

Pic 1 of 2

Here is a red dot or d-1 only. Did it come with this warranty card?

proxy.php

pic 2 of 2 fatboy 59-61. Did this common fatboy come with a warranty card?

proxy.php

Pic 2

9k=

pic 3 Is this from a fatboy or 195 or red dot only or other...?

proxy.php

pic 4 Is this warranty card correct for a D1-f-4 toggle only? It seems to be the one that shows up the most with nos sets..or are there others?

proxy.php

Pic 5

What warranty card is supposed to come with this Nickle toggle.?.. what a beauty. I have seen one pic around here and the card has a 4 digit number on it.

proxy.php

pic 6

Here is a affirmative. This warranty card or this style goes to a serial number toggle only! here for reference.

proxy.php

pic 7

Did this Aristocrat come with a warranty card?

proxy.php

pic 8

Did this Executive come with a warranty card?

proxy.php

pic 9

Did this 195 Gillette bottom dial come with a warranty card or a razor number warranty card?If so show pics.

proxy.php

pic 10

Did the gillette slims come with a warranty card?

proxy.php

Last edited:
I have a regular old fatboy that did indeed come with a warranty card. That same sort of seafoam green one. They are nice value added to a set as I am sure most got mailed or tossed.

I'm resurrecting this thread because I have a contribution. Today, I received a cased 1964 J1 Slim that included a warranty card! The case has a notch cut out under the support for the handle that accommodates this card. I've never seen a card in a Slim case before. I have four other Slim cases, one with gold, two with red, and one with black panels. Only one of the other red-paneled cases has the notch for the warranty card. The other three cases have no such notch. Here are some photos for posterity.

PXL_20220926_174120009.jpg
PXL_20220926_174659550.jpg
PXL_20220926_174046056.jpg
PXL_20220926_174022502.jpg

Top Bottom