What's new

Gillette vector

I'm not sure, I'm not familiar with Gillette's disposables.
You're not missing anything, not a big fan of it.

You are correct. There is a cream in India which is based on the foamy scent. Pretty good performance too. Gillette also makes a lime variety, equally good IMO.
I don't know about Atra but have used the Vector 2 blade system in the past for quite a few years. Mine had a reasonably heavy handle , didn't feel like hollow plastic at all. Might have changed since then.

Did not know about that. Is that tube red? I've seen on gillette india web site lime scent in a green tube.
Or maybe handle is lighter because it's mostly plastic compared to other older atra handle which is metal. Most important thing is how does it shave. I made a review about german 3 blade razor, razor is lighter than gillette razors but it performs really good. it's lighter mainly because it's a mixture of plastic and metal, but also cheaper. :a17:

Yes Bookie it comes in a red and black tube. As for the Vector, the shaves were quite good IIRC. Plus a cart would easily last 4-5 weeks shaving every other day. But I haven't used one in more than a decade so can't remember details.

If only would gillette start selling creams in eastern europe. It would be good market for them. Many people still use brushes and creams, those who use foams would not hassle with creams and those who use cream would prorbably buy gillette cream from time to time.

Last edited:
I just got my Vector from India yesterday. It came in a blister pack. It is light weight with a good feel to the handle. The cartridge has a push button cleaning system. Below is the weight of the Vector and some other razors I had on hand for comparison.

Mach 3. 1.2 oz
BIC twin select . 2 oz
Vector . 5 oz
Eversharp Schick J. 1.0 oz

The shave felt like most 2 blade cartridge shavers. There was very little irritation. Not as close as I would like. I did get one weeper which I usually do not get but I do on occasion. This was the first shave and I find that most first shave are not as smooth or close as later shaves. I will continue to use to see if the shave smooths out on the next few shaves.

My Schick injector gives a much smoother closer shave.

Over all the shave was acceptable.

I just received my Gillette victor (Atra/Contour clone) made in China with an orange handle. It is really flimsy. An Atra cart has a full range of pivot, but Personna and dollar general carts don't. My metal Atra has full range pivot with any brand cart. I will use it for a vacation razor but not a daily shaver. I really don't expect this to last a long time.

Schick is still selling their Atra clone in Asia, the Exacta 2. I bought one with three carts in the Philippines last month at a major grocer for about $2. They were also selling refill blades. It is plastic and metal with the metal hooks. The blades had better technology than before. The blades are US made steel and cutting surface assembled into cartridges in China. It has the Ultrex cleaning button and had better longevity than in the past.

Exacta 2 Razor Plus 2 Blades For Men

Last edited:
I prefer the Sensor.
If you're going to put more than 1 blade on your face at the same time, then I'd rather they be spring-loaded/adjustable and no more than 2!

Its a cheap Indian made version of what was the Contour over here, similar to the Sensor blades.

The indian version has a plastic button on the cartridge to help clean the blades due to the majority of indians not having common access to running water.

It didn't sell well, hence why gillette brought out the Guard.

Top Bottom