What's new

Gillette vector

I haven't used one but it looks like they are Asian (or India) made versions of the Atra (Vector) or the Sensor 3 (Vector 3).
Vector 3 is called blue 3 in Europe, actually sensor 3, with different coloured cartridges. 2 bladed sensor is still called sensor, but handles are not available. Vector 3 and blue 3 have the same handle, plastic body with ruber grip and metal neck that holds carts.

It's a very cheap Atra handle. The handle is ligt hollow plastic. Not bad, but nothing special. IMO the Sensor, Mach 3 and Fusions are all superior. But it's cheap enough to take a flyer on.

I ordered one to see what they are. As noted they are cheap. I paid less than 4.00 for handle and one cartridge that included freight from somewhere. I think on a slow boat from India. Estimate time for shipping 6 to 8 weeks. I will report on shave quality and general impressions when I receive the razor.

I ordered one to see what they are. As noted they are cheap. I paid less than 4.00 for handle and one cartridge that included freight from somewhere. I think on a slow boat from India. Estimate time for shipping 6 to 8 weeks. I will report on shave quality and general impressions when I receive the razor.

Never used one but will be interested in hearing your views on it.

I recently ordered one because I found some old Atra Plus carts lying around. Figured I might as well use 'em up.

Got it from India. Took awhile to get here but only cost $3 delivered.

It came with one cart, which had a cool button-activated cleaning gizmo between the blades. I shave in the shower so there's always plenty of water and no clogs, but I still liked the declogger even though it was surplusage.

Shaved pretty well and took me back to my early days shaving.

Biggest thing I noticed was that I had to push really hard to get it to cut well enough for a one-pass CCS or DFS - not sure where the difference lies.

Oh yeah, one last thing. After I ordered my boring gray one I saw a cool orange "sport" model.

Last edited:
If you like that button Schick ST2 disposables have them. If you're european it's called wilkinson sword extra 2 sensitive. Great disposables.

Do all atra cartridges have that declogging button?

I remember a cart razor sold back in the day with that declogging device on it!

I'm reasonably certain it was a Gillette. Clogging of early cart razors was a significant problem and I *believe* it was due to not having sufficient free space at the rear of the blades for water to adequately pass through.

If you like that button Schick ST2 disposables have them. If you're european it's called wilkinson sword extra 2 sensitive. Great disposables.

Do all atra cartridges have that declogging button?

Was the original model sold with a declogging button a Schick? I had one whichever model it was but don't remember. This would have probably been some time in the early 90's based on my recollection.

@Highspeedlane I honestly do not know, I saw somewhere a picture of shick slim twin (i think that's the name of it) and white button on the cartridge. I was born in first half of the 90's but my father never shaved and both of my granddads were using gillette tech.
I know that ST 2 is very popular over here. I always see people buying it whenever I go to shopping.
I found it 5 Schick Slim Twin plus Refill Blades cartridge fit GILLETTE Atra Razor Shaver | eBay
Maybe little too exnpesive since a pack of 7 costs 18 HRK (cca 2.6 USD)

But not a good deal for me since shipping is 32$ from US to Croatia.

Yes, same as Atra.

Vector is one of my holiday/travel razors, (along with the Rubie). I love it. I've always seen the Vector as a middle ground between DE and Mach 3. Unlike the Mach 3, you do need some angle care, but not as much as a DE. Light strokes, no pressure. Three gentle passes does it.

Recently started to shave my head and going through a process of seeing what works. The Vector is on my list of razors to try for head shaving.

I find the Vector is well matched with Gillette Foamy. Dry your hands, pat your face to take off excess water. Build Foamy up on your face in 4-5 layers, firmly massaging in the first layer. Works well. Not comparable with soaps/creams and Merkur like razors, but as I've said, for travel, super convenient and a decent shave.

Yes, same as Atra.

Vector is one of my holiday/travel razors, (along with the Rubie). I love it. I've always seen the Vector as a middle ground between DE and Mach 3. Unlike the Mach 3, you do need some angle care, but not as much as a DE. Light strokes, no pressure. Three gentle passes does it.

Recently started to shave my head and going through a process of seeing what works. The Vector is on my list of razors to try for head shaving.

I find the Vector is well matched with Gillette Foamy. Dry your hands, pat your face to take off excess water. Build Foamy up on your face in 4-5 layers, firmly massaging in the first layer. Works well. Not comparable with soaps/creams and Merkur like razors, but as I've said, for travel, super convenient and a decent shave.

Foamy is my favorite foam, I like the smell of it (if only creams could smell like foamy) and it's not to dense unlike gels or other foams, so clogging is not a big issue, it's actually the closest thing to wet lather. But my lather is opposite of yours. I leave my face and hand really wet. Then in left hand i put a golf ball size of lather and with right give it a little swirl so it picks up that water and make it more even since it's never even when pressed from the can.
After that I leave it on a face for a 30 seconds to one minute. Works like a charm every time.

No, the Atra carts sold in the US don't have it.
Too bad, it's a nice feature.
Sorry for bothering you but do you know what disposable razor is the most similar to Atra?
I know about gillette's 2 blade disposable razor with pivoting head and green grip, and the blue one without pivoting head.
Clogging was an issue for these when I was using them few times.

Your
Foamy is my favorite foam, I like the smell of it (if only creams could smell like foamy) and it's not to dense unlike gels or other foams, so clogging is not a big issue, it's actually the closest thing to wet lather. But my lather is opposite of yours. I leave my face and hand really wet. Then in left hand i put a golf ball size of lather and with right give it a little swirl so it picks up that water and make it more even since it's never even when pressed from the can.
After that I leave it on a face for a 30 seconds to one minute. Works like a charm every time.
You're right about the scent. It is really good. Really fresh. I'll give your method a try next time I get the Foamy out. It is a good foam, even unique I'd say

@Antony excuse me for my mistakes, English is not my mother tongue language so I usually mix your and yours when communicating, our language is much more different so often I have to think about what to write and of course mistakes happen- very often unfortunately.

Maybe there's a cream with the same scent, perhaps in India, but I doubt. Well I have a cream that I currently use, scent reminds me of foamy but only a little bit, main scent is coumarin.

Too bad, it's a nice feature.
Sorry for bothering you but do you know what disposable razor is the most similar to Atra?
I know about gillette's 2 blade disposable razor with pivoting head and green grip, and the blue one without pivoting head.
Clogging was an issue for these when I was using them few times.
I'm not sure, I'm not familiar with Gillette's disposables.

@Antony excuse me for my mistakes, English is not my mother tongue language so I usually mix your and yours when communicating, our language is much more different so often I have to think about what to write and of course mistakes happen- very often unfortunately.

Maybe there's a cream with the same scent, perhaps in India, but I doubt. Well I have a cream that I currently use, scent reminds me of foamy but only a little bit, main scent is coumarin.

You are correct. There is a cream in India which is based on the foamy scent. Pretty good performance too. Gillette also makes a lime variety, equally good IMO.
I don't know about Atra but have used the Vector 2 blade system in the past for quite a few years. Mine had a reasonably heavy handle , didn't feel like hollow plastic at all. Might have changed since then.

Top Bottom