What's new

Gillette Twinjector???

First off I didn't know they made one...….
Secondly there is a pretty mint one over on the bay that I have my eye on..
Thirdly I am looking for a simple injector to use that I don't feel bad about using. Call me nuts but I have early Schick Injector 1930's ish that I feel terrible for using as much as I do I kind of want to have that as a show piece. If that makes sense.

Only problem is trying to find blades for the tiwnjector seem quite difficult and pricy. I heard it takes standard single blade injector blades is that true?

If you own one let me know what you think of it?

Thank you!

Yes, it takes standard Injector blades. It is a mild razor, a bit milder than the Schick L1. I think a Schick would be better if you want a daily driver.
20201212_081229.jpg

I think any Schick injector L type or newer should work fine with Twinjector type blades. These type blades are pricey for vintage stock and there may be a modern Japanese version somewhere. Here are the vintage blades I use in a Schick type N razor.

Attachments

• Twin blades 1.JPG
    Twin blades 1.JPG
    10 MB · Views: 21
  • Twin blades.JPG
    Twin blades.JPG
    9.8 MB · Views: 18

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I had one a while back, it was sold off at some point. My recall on that specific razor is "meh". With respect to blades, yeah the twins are what that razor was sold with, but depending on your beard and preferences you may want to stick to the much more widely available & consider ably cheaper single injector blades. I used the original Twins back when & have tried a couple times in the modern era. They tend to clog up on me, pretty much like a multiblade cart always did.

I have a Schick E2 as a daily driver. It won’t wear out; it was made to be used everyday for a lifetime
Mine is also an E2. I have the original case and paperwork that came with it as well. I know I am probably being a little paranoid about it.

Top Bottom