What's new

Gillette TV special

How rare and special is the 1958 TV Special?

it´s not very rare. More rare is the british TV: it´s the only rhodium plated Super-Speed.

proxy.php

proxy.php

it´s not very rare. More rare is the british TV: it´s the only rhodium plated Super-Speed.

[/IMG]

Would you believe I found an uncased British TV in a Katy, Texas antique shop? Excellent condition, too!

But only the handle is rhodium plated, the head appears to be nickel plated.

Would you believe I found an uncased British TV in a Katy, Texas antique shop? Excellent condition, too!

But only the handle is rhodium plated, the head appears to be nickel plated.

Of coarse we believe you. You are the only guy I know that can go golfing and root out a razor with a can opener....:blink:

If you happened to use the TV Special on the same day you got a new set of TV trays while watching your first color TV then that is pretty darn special! ...and if you had air-conditioning well, you were a 50's 1%'er!

I still need to get one of these.... someday.... They are very sharp looking with the vertical lining on the handle.

Thanks for the info, and that's a good pic of the various differences, Mr. Razor-Man. I wasn't born yet, but I do remember when I saw a color TV for the first time. Amazing!

Ooh, I didn't know the 60s Flare Tips had different knurling. But how much does a TV special in decent shape go for? I'm curious, because I love my regular flare tip, but the TVs look soooo pretty.

My favorite razor. A daily shaver that is now next to mighty 1936 Aristocrat De lux, Futur and Ej. A humble razor for sure.
As for that British TV..:001_tt1:.

Attachments

• $2012-07-16_21-50-05_223.jpg
    $2012-07-16_21-50-05_223.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:

Just wondering how durable Rhodium plating is (If anyone knows).

IF someone manages to find a Brit. TV would it be very usable or would it be better to be used only once in a while to keep the original plating in condition?

Just wondering how durable Rhodium plating is (If anyone knows).

IF someone manages to find a Brit. TV would it be very usable or would it be better to be used only once in a while to keep the original plating in condition?

I have had an English TV Special for about 3 years now and I use it and the plating is fine it still shines up well and shows no sign of wear at all.

Top Bottom