What's new

Gillette Travel Razors

Just took delivery of this baby today $4.95, the postage cost more than the razor lol.

proxy.php

I knew it was on the the small side however, I was amazed when it arrived and actually saw and felt how small it really is. Sent me back to my childhood, my mam had a tiny green plastic DE shaver with an even shorter handle I think, I did my first shave with that when I was at school, not that there was much to remove, " have you been playing with my razor again?", my mam would say. :biggrin:
First thing give it a good clean, it was in remarkably clean condition anyway and then thought I'm gonna have to shave with this and see if it's any good. And yes it gave a very fine shave indeed, almost equal to my Fatboy and Slim Adjustable and I think it if I swap the handle off something longer it would be even better, the thing I liked about it was the slim head, great for under the nose and superior to the Adjustables.
I checked the gap and to me it seemed about the same as A Fatboy set to 4 or 5, so would that equate to a Bluetip? Circa 1955 it said on the Ebay details, can anyone confirm that?
Overall it's a great little shaver and I'm delighted with its performance.

I also have one of these and, yes, they are nice performers once you adjust to how they feel in your hand. Actually these are Tech razor heads with short ball-end handles.

Top Bottom