What's new

Gillette Toggle for $11,500!?! Ha ha ha.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Nobody is forcing anyone to buy. If I made a big deal about every ridiculous price I see on eBay buy-it-now listings the forum would clog. Let's not worry about it and keep the comments about the seller to ourselves.

Thank you.

Interesting! More intuitively the calculation calculation is ($11500 - $1500)/$11500 = .8696 which rounds to .87 not .869. In any case, starting price less ending price divided by starting price is how I think of it. You shouldn't truncate the .0006 is my thinking. I mean if we are going to get technical. My SOB math teachers wouldn't have even given partial credit either. Your rounding error is unforgivable! Ha...
Yep. Even with the rounding, it's still 87%, not 90%. Not that anybody wants to get technical here or anything.........;-)

Yep. Even with the rounding, it's still 87%, not 90%. Not that anybody wants to get technical here or anything.........;-)
I'll have give you the last word on this math subject. Apparently, our small talk, while building my social skills, is clogging up the server :( . (I thought that was what the new software was all about?) Oh well! Roger, Over and Out.

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy. If I made a big deal about every ridiculous price I see on eBay buy-it-now listings the forum would clog. Let's not worry about it and keep the comments about the seller to ourselves.

Thank you.

I think that in this case, it was warranted. I'm sure everyone here is inured to the people that think that their broken handle OLD is worth 69.00 plus 18 shipping - but this one was just classic. Hearing that he's been trying to sell it for quite some time for a price five times higher than another similar razor was sold recently means that he doesn't care that it's not a reasonable price. I haven't heard anyone here say anything nasty about the guy, just that he's not being reasonable about the price, and is being teased over it.

I sent him a message on the bay asking him if he was serious about the price and questioned his sanity. He came back with some nasty retort. When I responded to his retort, he said I was stalking him. When I responded that I wasn't stalking him, he responded to say that he was reporting me and that my bay account will be terminated. I haven't heard anything from the bay's administration. I agree with some others who have said he may be a little touched in the head.

Just got an email alert from eBay:

"SAVE $10,000 for a limited time.
You viewed this at $11,500.00. It was just discounted to $1,500.00"

LOL.

maybe this special razor will sell for $11.500
proxy.php

I just offered $15. I can feel the razor in my hands now! Bwahahahaha!

Funny enough, I picked up a toggle at an antique store a few ears ago for $18. Little dirty, and the paint had come off of the numbers and dots, but it's in great shape.

Overall, I tend to agree with everyone here. I've seen them go for a couple hundred bucks, but never seen one go for over $500.

Someone ask him for more pictures of the razor - top, other side, bottom, etc. Never taken out of the box....yeah right.

It sold for $750.00 this morning. He also had best offers on it. I knew nothing about this guy as I never saw this post before but I made him an offer with a trade for quite a bit less than the $750 he was asking and all I got back in a message was " $700.00 " that was it no verbiage whatsoever. So I moved on. Also if you look it's got the wrong pack of razors in the case along with the fact that the shipper is missing an end tab so to me it's not museum quality in my books.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
It sold for $750.00 this morning. He also had best offers on it. I knew nothing about this guy as I never saw this post before but I made him an offer with a trade for quite a bit less than the $750 he was asking and all I got back in a message was " $700.00 " that was it no verbiage whatsoever. So I moved on. Also if you look it's got the wrong pack of razors in the case along with the fact that the shipper is missing an end tab so to me it's not museum quality in my books.
Yeah, my thoughts too. Was that the one with the stain on the ribbon? If so, not museum quality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm glad you got the better of the two that were on auction. Your shipper is in better shape too.

Top Bottom