What's new

Gillette to release NEW DE razor for the holidays

I was thinking of that. Thanks.
Yes, skip engraving; even the case. Put a little card in the case and date it; it will be a great momento.
If it's not too late to edit your order, try adding on the amazon gift-wrapping options , they're usually pretty nicely done, you can type out a personal message that they'll print on a little note, you can save the wrapped box and note all sealed up like a time capsule.

If it's not too late to edit your order, try adding on the amazon gift-wrapping options , they're usually pretty nicely done, you can type out a personal message that they'll print on a little note, you can save the wrapped box and note all sealed up like a time capsule.
Wow. That sounds great. Thanks.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

My order was placed on October 23, 2019.
I just got an email for delivery November 21-25, 2019

The razor has a fake status as we speak... no one seen it, P&G know nothing about...
Even Mantic's one is fake - no videos, no reviews, NOTHING
You’re taking the p I s s right ?

Last edited:
Alexa: Estimated delivery time April 1st, 2020.

proxy.php

Here is the issue....

Ring

Mühle - Hello

Gillette - This is Gillette, we would like to order 5 thousand R89 top caps and baseplates please.

Mühle - What???

Gillette - 5 thousand, please.

Mühle - This is Gillette???

Gillette - Yes, Gillette.

Mühle - Who is this really?

Gillette - Gillette, really.

Mühle - Seriously???

Funny. But remember that P&G owns Gillette. It also owns Art of Shaving. If you buy a razor from AoS, guess who made it? Mühle. P&G has been selling Mühle R89 razors under the AoS brand for quite a long while. Now all they did was just order up some handles and cases from elsewhere and will sell the kit under the Gillette brand. Given the existing relationship I can't imagine where else they would have gotten heads from. The good news is that the Mühle heads have had a brass cap screw for awhile now, so I hope that means the "Gillette" razors also have that so they're more durable than an all-zamak head. Honestly, considering how much AoS asks for that razor, or even how much Mühle R89s typically sell for elsewhere, the $35 charge with the case is actually a pretty reasonable price.

I just wonder whether the supply constraint that is making these late was the handles, or the cases. I should expect Mühle wouldn't have had any trouble supplying the heads.

Funny. But remember that P&G owns Gillette. It also owns Art of Shaving. If you buy a razor from AoS, guess who made it? Mühle. P&G has been selling Mühle R89 razors under the AoS brand for quite a long while. Now all they did was just order up some handles and cases from elsewhere and will sell the kit under the Gillette brand. Given the existing relationship I can't imagine where else they would have gotten heads from. The good news is that the Mühle heads have had a brass cap screw for awhile now, so I hope that means the "Gillette" razors also have that so they're more durable than an all-zamak head. Honestly, considering how much AoS asks for that razor, or even how much Mühle R89s typically sell for elsewhere, the $35 charge with the case is actually a pretty reasonable price.

I just wonder whether the supply constraint that is making these late was the handles, or the cases. I should expect Mühle wouldn't have had any trouble supplying the heads.

Yes, I was aware. I can guarantee you though that at least one person over at Mühle still probably got a big kick out of that order.

I received an email overnight saying mine has been shipped and will arrive tomorrow, 11/11. I checked the tracking and sure enough it shipped yesterday 11/9 with an arrival date of 11/11 by 8pm.

I like how it looks. Nice box and shiny (chrome) razor. I'll try it tomorrow and see how it shave.
The box is rugget outside. No gillete sign or gillete date code on the razor.

Attachments

• 20191110_133251.jpg
    20191110_133251.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 46
  • 20191110_133307.jpg
    20191110_133307.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 49
  • 20191110_133324.jpg
    20191110_133324.jpg
    898.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 20191110_133340.jpg
    20191110_133340.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 47

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I like how it looks. Nice box and shiny (chrome) razor. I'll try it tomorrow and see how it shave.
The box is rugget outside. No gillete sign or gillete date code on the razor.
Thanks for the additional pics and info. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the shave.

Top Bottom