What's new

Gillette to release NEW DE razor for the holidays

My order was placed on October 23, 2019.
I just got an email for delivery November 21-25, 2019

The razor has a fake status as we speak... no one seen it, P&G know nothing about...
Even Mantic's one is fake - no videos, no reviews, NOTHING

mantic59 did post a very short video on twitter and wrote up article when he received it, but I would have much more appreciated some sort of video about it rather than his recent shave stick video.....ah well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What do you expect to see in a video? It's a pretty straight forward 3 piece razor made with familiar parts and design.

Patience. :straight:

What do you expect to see in a video? It's a pretty straight forward 3 piece razor made with familiar parts and design.

Patience. :straight:

True, but I can say the same thing for most razors out there.

The only razors that peaked my interest are all of Blackland Razors and the Christoper Bradley razors.

It just would have been nice to see it presented on video that’s all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Here is the issue....

Ring

Mühle - Hello

Gillette - This is Gillette, we would like to order 5 thousand R89 top caps and baseplates please.

Mühle - What???

Gillette - 5 thousand, please.

Mühle - This is Gillette???

Gillette - Yes, Gillette.

Mühle - Who is this really?

Gillette - Gillette, really.

Mühle - Seriously???
made my day

It just went from "currently unavailable" back into pre-order mode and its showing up in the amazon search results again. now it says the release date is Nov. 17

I cancelled mine. I bought it with the thought it would make a nice gift for my son when he’s ready to shave in a few years. The more I thought about it, he deserves, and I can get something a lot better.

It just went from "currently unavailable" back into pre-order mode and its showing up in the amazon search results again. now it says the release date is Nov. 17
I bet a bunch of people canceled their orders with the delivery date mess-ups, freeing more razors.

I saw that too, decided to order one today. The threads on the Mühle aren’t zamack so I think it is a good deal. I might also like the handle better than my EJ depending. Always liked my EJ shaves just fine but it has been shelved since my threads went. In the very least, I would have a box for my Old Type and could use my EJ again.

I cancelled mine. I bought it with the thought it would make a nice gift for my son when he’s ready to shave in a few years. The more I thought about it, he deserves, and I can get something a lot better.
Wow. I was thinking the same thing. I haven't cancelled mine & will still get it but it has crossed my mind. I was thinking of engraving my son's name on it. My son is only 1 so by the time he needs to shave it'll be a nice gift. He might not even want to use a DE razor haha.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

I like the muhle head. I've used it for the last few years, but, i now have a brass timeless and a feather asd2. I like the shaves on those better. That said 34 bucks isn't much and the more they sell of these the better. If they do well enough we may see more, so i ordered one just now. I'll probably leave it in the case.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I think it's a good thing that Gillette is dipping a toe into traditional shaving. They are an iconic brand and I see it as a good move for them, even if it is a niche market. I hope Schick gets the memo too and bring out a heritage injector.

Don't engrave the head as you will destroy the chrome protection. The handle is also chrome finish but it may be brass under; at 29 grams it is likely to be very thin.
Oh really? So I should skip engraving it altogether?

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom