What's new

Gillette to release NEW DE razor for the holidays

So, presumably they should be starting to ship the kits to those who placed orders? How soon after the pre-sale date do companies start to ship product? I've never pre-ordered anything.
I've pre ordered music before. I get the CD the day after release and the digital download the day of

So, presumably they should be starting to ship the kits to those who placed orders? How soon after the pre-sale date do companies start to ship product? I've never pre-ordered anything.
i saw 2 posts earlier in the thread that said their ship (or delivery) dates were Nov 5 and Nov 8th. I was thinking about ordering one when they became available again after the first sellout, but by the time i decided to sit down and do it, they were sold out again.

I knew something was coming from them in DE. Losing money to beard fads, competitors and an ad campaign that didn’t seem to help them. Even before the newer ads, I figured this would be coming.

Nor am I surprised about the razor. Safe to test the waters with a handle nod and a proven German made head design.

If this sells out, look for new Techs next then possibly new designs.

My EJ threads are toast, might get one just for that reason.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
No one makes a zamak handle.
Careful with the broad statements now, there are some older German Zamak handles, Emir and some other early Solingen razors, there is the lovely Yuma of course, and many of the Gillette contract Techs had die cast zinc handles.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Careful with the broad statements now, there are some older German Zamak handles, Emir and some other early Solingen razors, there is the lovely Yuma of course, and many of the Gillette contract Techs had die cast zinc handles.
In my first post in this thread regarding zamak handles I said they were made in the past. As far as I knew no modern DE manufactures make zamak handles. Then I was informed Rockwell does for whatever reason. Probably a good deal from the Chinese. Leave it to Rockwell.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I received an email yesterday saying that my pre ordered Gillette Heritage has been delayed. Has anyone else had this issue?

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

I didn't receive that email
Mmm interesting. Originally I was told it would be shipped on the 5th of November but now I've been told it's been delayed. I was thinking maybe others had received the same message but it didn't seem right to me seeing as I pre ordered it.

Mmm interesting. Originally I was told it would be shipped on the 5th of November but now I've been told it's been delayed. I was thinking maybe others had received the same message but it didn't seem right to me seeing as I pre ordered it.

I'll post here if I get an email later on today.

I also preordered on the 18th. but no email as yet and expected delivery is still Tuesday the 5th.. We'll see in a couple days I guess.

Top Bottom