What's new

Gillette to release NEW DE razor for the holidays

I like how it looks. Nice box and shiny (chrome) razor. I'll try it tomorrow and see how it shave.
The box is rugget outside. No gillete sign or gillete date code on the razor.

Interesting, head is slightly heavier than the handle. Should be interesting compared to what I’m used to with my EJ with weight balance. Never weighed my EJ handle but it is a lot heavier than the head. Don’t have the R89 but should be really close depending on a slight weight difference in the threads but I can’t see that being noticeable. Looking forward to giving mine a spin when I get it.

I'm glad these are starting to actually ship now. At least it will silence all those naysayers who doubted that it was even a real offer or some scam. I've never heard so many conspiracy theories crafted about a razor...LOL!

Interesting, head is slightly heavier than the handle. Should be interesting compared to what I’m used to with my EJ with weight balance.
The handle is based on the common bar handle which weighed ~ 20 grams and was hollow brass. Hopefully the 30 gram handle should not be an issue but waiting for the first reviews to come in.

I like how it looks. Nice box and shiny (chrome) razor. I'll try it tomorrow and see how it shave.
The box is rugget outside. No gillete sign or gillete date code on the razor.

Can you tell what kind of metal the handle is made of?

:c1::c2::c2: look what i got yesterday hefty solid pice

Attachments

• IMG_0062.jpg
    IMG_0062.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0063.jpg
    IMG_0063.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
the box dose thats what counts n its handles made in us head germany just bc the razor it self dont say it dont mean tis fake or not gillete the company it self send them to amazon then to me so its gillete

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Did Gillette put their name on many razors in the past?
The Gillette branding appears on the underside of the head an nearly every razor previously produced by Gillette. I'm sure the razor was contracted by Gillette and produced by someone else...its not exactly an uncommon practice.

Something suspicious about that razor, I'm also getting the vibe. The chrome plating seems of different hue on the head vs the handle. Are those photos photoshopped?

proxy.php

Mine is shipped and is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. You guys will have to tell me if it really compares to a r/de89. I have one that I retired in favor of my timeless. I bought it for it's collectable value to me, and, to show Gillette there is money to be made in this segment. Maybe at some point we will see a 'real' Gillette.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Something suspicious about that razor, I'm also getting the vibe. The chrome plating seems of different hue on the head vs the handle. Are those photos photoshopped?

proxy.php

I would not doubt that the handles are made one place and the heads are sourced straight from Muhle. Hence, the difference in plating color.

Could just be the lighting and colors reflecting off the plating.

Nothing suspicious about the razor. Gillette confirmed it was a limited release. What's up with all the conspiracies?

Could just be the lighting and colors reflecting off the plating.

Nothing suspicious about the razor. Gillette confirmed it was a limited release. What's up with all the conspiracies?

Says the guy with a conspiracy crow in the tree...

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
"Where is the razor manufactured?
The blades are manufactured in Russia, the handle is made in the USA and the capguard is made in Germany."

This is from the product description on Amazon.

Top Bottom