What's new

Gillette to release NEW DE razor for the holidays

I'll buy any number of vintage razors available on the auction sites or in the wild before I plunk down a dime for a zamak copy of a frankenrazor. And I already have the razor in the picture thank you very much.

IMG_0001.jpeg

I hope it's real, is introduced and is wildly successful.

If so, perhaps it heralds a more widespread resurgence in DE razor usage?

Don’t think so.

First, there’s not as much profit in DE shaving. Non proprietary blades that can be used in anyone’s razors... so very non-Gillette.

Second, it requires proper technique. For the majority of people, cartridges are easier to use without irritation or cuts.

Thats cool but Im skeptical that its actually made by Gillette. The head looks like a DE89 clone. If it isnt stainless (which at $34 for the full kit we know it isnt) or brass and isnt made in the USA, its a no from me.

What I think is funny is everyone saying it's a clone of EJ or other artisan makers and before they were saying that EJ and other artisan razors were a clone of Gillette. Which is it? Is Gillette just using one of their old designs or was everyone wrong when they said EJ and others were a clone of the Gillette?

What I think is funny is everyone saying it's a clone of EJ or other artisan makers and before they were saying that EJ and other artisan razors were a clone of Gillette. Which is it? Is Gillette just using one of their old designs or was everyone wrong when they said EJ and others were a clone of the Gillette?

+1

I think Gillette broke the code. Licensing clones to use Gillette's name may be a lucrative business.

Why would they invest heavily in a nascent market segment with a product that is new and thus untested?

It makes far more sense to take a popular design that there is a market for and tweak it.

We have been lamenting what P&G did to the market for safety razors. Let's applaud their first tentative step in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
A genuine brass Tech would have fit your description quite nicely.

Holding my applause thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom