What's new

Gillette to release NEW DE razor for the holidays

I clicked on the above link and read about the new Gillette razor on Amazon. It doesn't really interest me because 1) you still can buy the really classic Gillette razors from 1904 through the early 1980s and 2) there are many modern razors available from numerous manufacturers with all sorts of features. What I do like about the re-emergence of Gillette in the safety razor market is that it shows the growing popularity of safety razor shaving in the US.
I purchased the new razor. The handle is small. I prefer a larger handle. The head appears to be made by Muhle. It gives an excellent shave. There is no indication that it is a Gillette razor.

Got mine a few weeks ago and I did not like the Gillette blades that came with the razor - they were harsh.
Popped in a Sputnik in and had a real nice shave.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I just got Gillette Heritage yesterday from Amazon, I was surprised it came a day early.

This is the first Muhle or EJ style razor that I have used, and my first impressions are that it shaves similar to my Prewar Tech, in that for the lack of blade support it shaves very smooth.
I used a GSB(5) that I had in my SLOC for the 1st shave yesterday, and a new Gillette Platinum today. The GP blade felt a little smoother.
As far as efficiency goes, I find the Heritage a little lacking.

It is still a nice razor, the box is very nice and I am glad I bought one. It is gonna look nice sitting next to all my other Gillette razors.

Just ordered one of these. Kept thinking and thinking about it. I honestly don’t need another razor but finally pulled the trigger. They aren’t in stock right now until March 14th but eager to share with it.

Top Bottom