What's new

Gillette techmatic

Hello,
I'm ready to buy a Gillette Techmatic. I would like to know what do you think about it and if it is a good razor.

Thanks

Raphaël

Raphaël --

If I'm thinking correctly,this is the old razor that used a cartridge with the continous ribbon band blade. They were a mediocre shaver that was OK, but the band type cartridges have been out of production for a couple of decades. You'd have to depend on the uncertainty of using existing old stock for your supply of cartrdges. I couldn't recommend it.

-- John Gehman

If it is the Gillette Tech that you are thinking of, they are generally considered to be quite good shavers.

Raphaël --

If I'm thinking correctly,this is the old razor that used a cartridge with the continous ribbon band blade. They were a mediocre shaver that was OK, but the band type cartridges have been out of production for a couple of decades. You'd have to depend on the uncertainty of using existing old stock for your supply of cartrdges. I couldn't recommend it.

-- John Gehman

This description is accurate. I assume anyone wanting one of these is intending to add to a collection, not to use it. My father recalls using the one I have lying around, he claims it was gentle and used to be hard to clean after using it. Once you get lather in the catridge it gums up the works.

Top Bottom