What's new

Gillette Tech Set 24 brown case?

Hello,

I just got this razor today. To me it looks like the handle has been swapped at some point or not 100% sure?
Does anyone know how many colours of the boxes they did?
Any information would be great :)

20211030_153111.jpg20211030_153117.jpg20211030_153124.jpg

Indeed:
proxy.php

Achim, @mr-razor himself, may know. Beaming you up Achim.
Thank you. I had a feeling it might be but wasnt 100% sure.
I think it's legit. Does it say made in England on the baseplate? I don't think those cases were US cases...
Yes I sure the case is legit and marked on the base with "made in England".
First off, welcome to B&B!

Next is the question, what makes it a No24? Usually the 24 indicates the set, do you have the shipper?

There have been a couple different handles found on No24, yours isn't one I've seen.

Do check this thread --> 1956 Gillette Tech No24 - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/1956-gillette-tech-no24.601435/
No I don't have the shipper sadly. I assumed it was a 24 set because of the case when looking on Mr Razor site? Am I not correct in saying that?

Looking on Mr razor site it looks like that handle started to be used in 1961 with the embossed logo.

Thanks for the link and it looks like that must of done quite a few different colours then.

Thank you. I had a feeling it might be but wasnt 100% sure.

Yes I sure the case is legit and marked on the base with "made in England".

No I don't have the shipper sadly. I assumed it was a 24 set because of the case when looking on Mr Razor site? Am I not correct in saying that?

Looking on Mr razor site it looks like that handle started to be used in 1961 with the embossed logo.

Thanks for the link and it looks like that must of done quite a few different colours then.
My question was in regards to the bottom of the baseplate, not the case...

Top Bottom