What's new

FS Gillette Tech and a flip-top

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

would like to sell these two. Both are unique and beautiful, but are simply not for me.
The flip-top is constructed from hard plastic and nickel plated brass (brushed finish). I have no clue when or where it was made.
It's quite fancy, works like a click pen, the mechanism is different from other flip tops I know.
The shave it gives is quite mild but efficient, if you find the right angle (somewhere between a Wilkinson Sticky and 40ies Super speed). The blade gap and foam openings are huge, so this will never-ever clog up.
The inside of the head has some discoloration, most likely a blade was left inside, there are two light cracks under the head and some minor plating loss around the pivoting point and corner of the cap. For me these are minor aesthetical problems, the razor works fine.

IMG_4127.JPG IMG_4128.JPG IMG_4129.JPG IMG_4130.JPG IMG_4131.JPG IMG_4132.JPG

The Tech is a British nickel plated brass example with Gillette echted into the cap. The cap has some light scratches, it could be polished away, but I suspect the echting won't survive it. Other parts are as good as new, no plate loss.
It's mild but efficient, and being all brass it's quite hefty for a Tech (~61 g).

IMG_4123.JPG IMG_4124.JPG IMG_4125.JPG IMG_4126.JPG

Prices:
Flip-top: 25 USD, world wide shipping inclued.
Tech: 25 USD, world wide shipping inclued.
Or take both for 44 USD, world wide shipping inclued.
Payment through PayPal.

If interested, please drop me a line.

Thank you

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom