What's new

Gillette taking on shaving brush market - we could have a new favourite brush!

I've been reading elsewhere and it seems that Gillette are making a major push into the shaving brush market!

We are all used to the banter back and forth in other thread about the pros and cons of different badger grades and in particular between the so called two band and three band grades - see this thread for an example of the discussion.

Realising the growing use of brushes it seems that Gillette has decided to tackle this issue head on with its new brush design by announcing the world's first five band badger brush!

In the announcement of the new products being offered the 'Head of Brush Dynamics' at the Gillette Shaving Technology area within the Innovation Centre in Reading UK is quoted sprouting about the supposed benefits of their new five band technology. It seems that:

• the first band gently massages the skin;
  • the second band had an exfoliating function;
  • the third band contains specially treated hairs that carry the lather more effectively than other brands;
  • the fourth band expertly deposits the lather in exactly the right place on the face for maximum glide;
  • the fifth band tidies up any mess left by the others and leaves your face feeling like it has been caressed by angels.

Now I don't know about you but this all sounds pretty amazing to me and I think I'm going to break my sabbatical and get one. Sorry to the folks at Simpsons but I think I'm just going to have to ditch those lovely vintage butterscotch Simpsons I've been using - keep an eye on the B/S/T for them!

More details on the announcement here.

Oh, I know. The brush should definitely have an oscillating function and be electric! (Just looking out for you, Gillette!)

Reminds me of when the Italian Spaghetti harvest was lost, as reported by the BBC.

Google it for a great story.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
:lol: Well played, sir.

Personally, I'm holding out for the one that vibrates!

Edit: Oh boo, SavvySea beat me to the joke. Well played to you too, sir.

Last edited:
Oh, I know. The brush should definitely have an oscillating function and be electric! (Just looking out for you, Gillette!)
:lol: Well played, sir.

Personally, I'm holding out for the one that vibrates!

Edit: Oh boo, SavvySea beat me to the joke. Well played to you too, sir.

Not electric but battery powered by AOS, owned by P&G, who also owns Gillette... http://www.theartofshaving.com/Powe...=4&cgid=shaving-brushes&navid=shaving-brushes

Nice additions to the design gentlemen and Happy 1 April from Down Under.

Yes we may be working today while it is Sunday in the US but come Friday .....

Enjoy your day.

Top Bottom