What's new

Gillette Super Stainless Blades

Bought some of these blades from Walmart yesterday, not expecting anything special and I got a really close shave, closer than with the Merkur blade actually. So I read the reviews for this blade and it surprised me that they were all terrible. According to the packaging this blade was manufactured in Russia. I found them really sharp.

the most known russian gillettes are the 7AM and the Rubies,

both known for damaging your face more then your beard,

Unfortunately this blade did not maintain its sharpness for long. I got one more full shave, then tonight I did one pass and that was it, had to ditch it mid shave and put a new blade in. At a similar price to Merkur's in Canada they're not really good value as I can get 6 to 7 shaves with ease from the Merkur blade. Infact I only threw that one out 'cause it seemed the right thing to do. Perhaps I should've gone for 32 :biggrin:

Got to try these the Feather's now, I've read so much about them.

I've tried both the Gillette and Personna blades from WalMart. After the first two or three shaves, they went down hill rather quickly. The only good thing was that they came in a dispenser with a slot for used blades.
To date, my best shaves have been with Derby. I can get a full week out of them.

Regards

Top Bottom