What's new

Gillette Super Silver

Are the blades pictured in post # 4 available anywhere? I’m down to my last 20 blades and nothing else I’ve tried has even come close to the excellence of these.

I never shaved with a Gillette Platinum blade. But these blades are also sold in spain. The prize for a pack of 5 blades in stores there is around 5 Euros, that means 1 Euro for one blade!!!

For that prize I'm sure the blades stay in the stores and these will be the next blades that they will discontinue, because who wants to pay so much for a double edge blade?
So what's the price per blade now days
Over in your "neck of the woods"

I know this is an old thread, but I picked up a box of these blades last fall:

I got a box of 24 NOS packs off of eBay. They seem to be very sharp, but also very smooth. I like them a lot. I read somewhere(probably here at B&B) that these were made in England and purchased on the "gray market" repackaged and sold in the U.S. by K-Mart. Anyway, like I said, I like them and they might be worth a try if you can find some at a reasonable price. These seem to have been kept in decent storage as they are like brand new.

Indeed. These my dad used these blades for ages. They are really good, but since (let's say) a year or so you can't seem
to get them anywhere anymore. :thumbdown

Edit: He found "Gillette Platinum" on a holiday trip in Italy. It's exactly the same packaging but with "Platinum" in place of
the "Super Silver" lettering and he says they are also very good. Does anyone know if that are the same?
Hmmm
Only time will tell !

There are also French made super silver platinum plus blades from that time period, if you keep your eye out
Like these? Or are they different?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    904.3 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Top Bottom