What's new

Gillette Super Nacet ?

The problem in the USA is actually getting an Asian vendor to sell/ship blades to the USA and then at a fair rate that doesn't cost a small fortune. As well, the free lance vendors over there sometimes vend counterfeit blades. I got burned on two tucks on Ebay a few years back, but luckily I got a refund.

The problem in the USA is actually getting an Asian vendor to sell/ship blades to the USA and then at a fair rate that doesn't cost a small fortune. As well, the free lance vendors over there sometimes vend counterfeit blades. I got burned on two tucks on Ebay a few years back, but luckily I got a refund.

That sucks and I'm just amazed pp would counterfeit a 10¢ blade :(!

Shipping from Asia to the US is just crazy.
Strangely shipping to the US from China is peanuts.

Personally its a no biggie that I never get to use some blades as I'm perfectly happy with astras, Nacet and feathers and perhaps BICs lol!

Cheers,

Mawashi

BUMP!
So how do these super nacet blades feel?
Are they smooth?
Are they sharp?
Standard nacets were a mediocre blade for me.

BUMP!
So how do these super nacet blades feel?
Are they smooth?
Are they sharp?
Standard nacets were a mediocre blade for me.

If Nacets are only ok these won't be that much sharper, you'll going to have to look for feathers then.

They are smoother but about as sharp as green 7 o'clocks.

Happy shaves

Mawashi

The standard Nacet stainlesss is a top tier blade I think for most people who've tried them (including me). They are great. The 100 pack I bought has Arabic writing on them so I am not able to make out where they're made (I assume made in Russia and just have a different language for the local market on them).

I would be interested in trying these other variants. I would like to try the Nacet Platinum to see if there's much difference. And I am interested in the "New and Improved" Nacet. Would like to see what that's all about.

On the same train of thought does anyone know why you can't find Nacets directly from Russian sellers on Ebay and most of them are available from sellers in Jordan? Does the factory export the whole batches of Nacet blades to other countries? I bought a hundred pack of Nacets recently from a Jordan seller and now have to wait for ages until it arrives. I would have preferred to buy directly from Russia as they arrive quicker. Not possible, it seems, because there are no sellers in Russia or other parts of Europe that offer these things.

The Gillette Super Nacet blades are right up there with Feather, for me. I love them. They are only around 70 cents for a tuck, too. I got them because everyone was raving about Nacet and then I found they weren't the same blades. Well, I don't really care because these blades are extremely sharp and they are smooth. I do have some Nacet's inbound to compare, but I find it hard to believe they will be even close. Now, a Feather and a Super Nacet are a good comparison. I'd give the edge (no pun intended) to Feather in sharpness, very slightly, but the Super Nacets are smooth and I get a couple of more shaves out of them before having to change.

So, using my ++ Henson Ti22 I shaved three days with the Gillette Chinese made Super Nacet blades. They have very high sharpness and I got good, smooth, close shaves in two passes with little to no touch up each time.

Today, I started three days with the Gillette Nacet, which are made in Russia, I think. The shave was an incredibly comfortable two passes and it was very good. I did have to touch up a bit more than with the Super Nacet, but not anything extreme. I am impressed with the smooth comfortableness of this razor. I'll see what my impressions are after two more shaves.

I've tried the Russian-made Nacet some time ago. Solid blade, but not much different than any other blade coming from the P&G factory in St. Petersburg. To me, they are all the same blade packed and branded for different markets. I wouldn't bother to pay much higher prices for these blades online vendors are asking for, since local drugstores sell Gillette Platinum.
As always, YMMV.

I've tried the Russian-made Nacet some time ago. Solid blade, but not much different than any other blade coming from the P&G factory in St. Petersburg. To me, they are all the same blade packed and branded for different markets. I wouldn't bother to pay much higher prices for these blades online vendors are asking for, since local drugstores sell Gillette Platinum.
As always, YMMV.
YMMV, certainly is true. For me, Russian blades, such as Astra's for example are good blades, but they don't quite come up to Nacets or GSBs. ☺️

YMMV, certainly is true. For me, Russian blades, such as Astra's for example are good blades, but they don't quite come up to Nacets or GSBs. ☺️
I got a 2x5 pack of KCG blades several weeks ago, just to try them. Since then I've been going back and forth between them and Gillette Platinum that I can also get locally for 1/5 of the price. Tried them in different razors (Gillette Slim Adj., Tech, Parker Semi Slant). Call me insensitive to blades, but for the best of me, I cannot find a consistent difference. I bet I couldn't tell them apart in a blind test. Sometimes it felt as if KCG was just a touch smoother for the ATG pass, but other times it wasn't. Used daily, both blades give me 4 close, smooth and comfortable shaves. The same could be said for Astra SP or Polsilver SI. There may be some minor differences, but they are apparently, below my threshold of recognition.

The Super Nacet are definitely worth a try if you can find them.
1657376884680.png

These are Asian made Nacets right? I don't know how they stack against the Russian-made ones.
They are excellent. I think they are just a little sharper than the Russian made Nacet. I think the Russian Nacet are minimally smoother.

Top Bottom