What's new

Gillette Super Nacet ?

How do you compare the recent Nacet (currently manufactured) with the 7 O'clock Yellow (SharpEdge), 7 O'clock Green (Super Stainless) and the Astra Green (Superior Platinum) in cut and smoothness.
Which one is the closest to Nacet?
I have tough pricky whiskers, i would say they are far from nacets. Closest would be a second shave feather, but the nacet definitely rates higher on the smoothness scale.

I was in Malaysia last year and found these in a super market called Mydin. Also saw them in Singapore.

They're probably my favorite blade. Really smooth and really sharp. As good or better than a regular nacet imo. They're my go to blade right now and pair great with my Techs. I bought 150 back with me which given i'm a twice or tri weekly shaver should last a while but i feel like i should have bought more just in case...

Can't find them on the site but this is the company Mydin Home | MYDIN ONLINE

More options > Shopee

Another stand out blade i found on that trip was the Gillette Super Thin from Thailand. Possibly not quite as smooth as the super nacet but still excellent to me.

Last edited:
I also saw these in a Mydin in Malaysia last year, but they were very expensive - over £20 for a hundred. I picked up a single tuck for a little over a pound from smaller supermarket but haven't cracked it open yet (in the same Mydin I picked up 100 Treet Platinum for ~£4, and I've mostly been using those).

I also saw these in a Mydin in Malaysia last year, but they were very expensive - over £20 for a hundred. I picked up a single tuck for a little over a pound from smaller supermarket but haven't cracked it open yet (in the same Mydin I picked up 100 Treet Platinum for ~£4, and I've mostly been using those).

I forget how much i paid but i don't remember them being cheap. How are the Treets? I wandered around both Little india in Singapore and Brickfields in KL stopping in at the little Indian run supermakets looking for blades to try. Found lots of oddities but haven't been game to start testing as i've been enjoying having reliably nice shaves too much.

For the price the Treets are fantastic - I was already a fan. I also bought 100 Supermax Platinums for ~£2 which I now regret, even at that price. Like yourself I also picked up some odd tucks of mainly Chinese-made blades I've never heard of (Alshabab, Wetell) which I haven't quite worked up the courage to try.

I forget how much i paid but i don't remember them being cheap. How are the Treets? I wandered around both Little india in Singapore and Brickfields in KL stopping in at the little Indian run supermakets looking for blades to try. Found lots of oddities but haven't been game to start testing as i've been enjoying having reliably nice shaves too much.
They aren't cheap here.
I got mine near kovan mrt for $2 for a pack of 6. To pay sgd$20 (about usd$14.8) for 60 blades is ridiculous when I can get 100 stainless nacets for Usd $13 or $20.5 for 100 feathers.

They aren't cheap here.
I got mine near kovan mrt for $2 for a pack of 6. To pay sgd$20 (about usd$14.8) for 60 blades is ridiculous when I can get 100 stainless nacets for Usd $13 or $20.5 for 100 feathers.

Wonder what makes them more expensive than Stainless nacets? Could be market location etc, given they don't seem to be available from the cheaper resellers on ebay. How could we get them out into the world?

The issue with stuff here in South East Asia is the size of the market. There isn't enough a demand and because there are so many countries with high import tax it really drives up the prices.

Just to give you an idea why I'll never buy stuff here.
25 Stainless Nacets
Insane prices.
Super Nacets as indicated by the packaging are imported by P&G from China and I strongly suspect that if it is manufactured in China, you can find rebranded super nacets from Weishi or Baili.

The issue with stuff here in South East Asia is the size of the market. There isn't enough a demand and because there are so many countries with high import tax it really drives up the prices.

Just to give you an idea why I'll never buy stuff here.
25 Stainless Nacets
Insane prices.
Super Nacets as indicated by the packaging are imported by P&G from China and I strongly suspect that if it is manufactured in China, you can find rebranded super nacets from Weishi or Baili.

Yuk, that's terrible, as bad as brick and mortar shops here in NZ charging $10 a tuck for something like Wilkinson Swords.

Just had a look and mine say made in China. Might be worth investigating _b

If they're imported by P&G are they made by P&G or are they a different blade altogether? Stainless nacets are made in Russia no?

Last edited:
Super nacets aren't stainless at least as far as I know and the packaging says it's made in china so it could be a Gillette blade factory in china.

I got 2 tucks of Super Nacet to try...theyre about 60-70% costlier than the regular Nacets from St Petersburg.

The regular ones are incredibly smooth and well behaved so these will have to be at least twice as good for me to
get more.

RIMG0864.JPG
RIMG0865.JPG
RIMG0866.JPG
RIMG0867.JPG
RIMG0868.JPG
RIMG0869.JPG

I got 2 tucks of Super Nacet to try...theyre about 60-70% costlier than the regular Nacets from St Petersburg.

The regular ones are incredibly smooth and well behaved so these will have to be at least twice as good for me to
get more.

View attachment 967265 View attachment 967266 View attachment 967267 View attachment 967268 View attachment 967269 View attachment 967270

They are excellent blades, some of the sharpest and smoothest I've tried but at $1.50 for 6 blades it's way more expensive than Nacet SS 50¢ for 5.
If they were just 10%-20% more I'll seriously consider getting more of them.

For 60-70% more it's getting into polesilver, persona and rubies prices.

The one razor that interests me a bunch is the BIC Chrome Platinum
It seems very sharp yet affordable.

Cheers

Top Bottom