What's new

Gillette Super Nacet ?

So i recently found a pack of these lying around at home and boy are they smooth and sharp blades.

proxy.php

However, google doesnt tell me much about this apart from a BnB thread saying its made for the malaysian market by Gillette China in the shanghai plant.

Anyone tried this? Cant seem to be able to buy them anywhere. Also, how do they compare to the Gillette Super Blues (Chinese) and Gillette Nacet/Nacet Platinum (Russian).
upload_2018-3-15_14-41-54.jpeg
proxy.php
proxy.php

PS. My first post :p

Hey Ikkozilla, welcome to the B and B. If you don't get any responses, send me a private message and I'll mail you some Russian Nacets so you can let us know the difference!

Best, JM

Welcome aboard! I also have only ever seen, heard of, or used the Russian Nacets in your bottom photo. They are very sharp, fairly smooth, and almost my favorite Gillette’s.

Love Nacets. Great blade in my 34C SS and Slim. I have a vintage pack with one made in France. I won't use it but the Russian made blades are great. The pack you show may be made in Vietnam or China for the Asian markets. I like the Russian made blades. Welcome Aboard as we say in the Navy

Love Nacets. Great blade in my 34C SS and Slim. I have a vintage pack with one made in France. I won't use it but the Russian made blades are great. The pack you show may be made in Vietnam or China for the Asian markets. I like the Russian made blades. Welcome Aboard as we say in the Navy
I just ordered a pack of russian nacets, praying that it shaves as well as the red box ones as i'm down to my last piece.

Most on here that use them sing their praises. I use them a great deal when I'm not being blade mercurial and go through my stash. In my SS and 34C as well as my Slim Nacet is smooth from the wrapper through three shaves. Of course, your shave mileage may vary.

As much as it annoys me that Gillette has to get their beak wet in every nook and cranny of the market, I admittedly love Gillette Nacets (and Astras which were also purchased by Gillette). I didn't know there were other flavors of Nacets though. Very cool. Welcome to B&B!

Hey Ikkozilla, welcome to the B and B. If you don't get any responses, send me a private message and I'll mail you some Russian Nacets so you can let us know the difference!

Best, JM
HI JM,

I just ordered a pack of 100. Praying hard for them !

How do you compare the recent Nacet (currently manufactured) with the 7 O'clock Yellow (SharpEdge), 7 O'clock Green (Super Stainless) and the Astra Green (Superior Platinum) in cut and smoothness.
Which one is the closest to Nacet?

@xxlpack - IMO none of those are in the same league as Nacet. Nacet is top tier, the others are merely average blades. Not bad, but no better than the majority of blades available. I’m sure many will disagree as blades are purely subjective, so get a sampler and try for yourself. FWIW, I get a very good shave with just about any blade I use, but a few blades stand above the rest, and Nacet is one of them.

Just a update. Got my nacets a few days ago. I just opened a feather before the nacet came so i used it till it was EOL.
Loaded the nacet and it might just be my smoothest shave yet.
Lets see how long the blade lasts.
If it lasts 4 shave i might get another 400!

Top Bottom