What's new

Gillette Super Nacet From China

Anyone tried these China made Super Nacet blades before? Easily available in Malaysia and pretty cheap as well. Would love to hear your thoughts. I haven't use these for a long time. I remember them being pretty aggressive. But I was still new to wet shaving and along with bad technique, I was also using a cheap plastic Gillette plastic DE razor. Will give it another try today.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Just completed my shave with this blade. Not a super sharp blade. Similar to Personna Lab Blue in terms of sharpness. Slightly less smooth than the Lab Blue. No doubt a good blade. But for those who prefer very sharp blades, they may not like this.

New to me!! Please write a review!!

I love the St. Petersburg Nacets!! [emoji106] [emoji106]
Will do mate. First shave today. I'll use it for another couple of shaves and I'll provide a review.

I found these a little smoother that Russian (regular) Nacets, but that leads to me geting careless and always ending up with a nick at some point during the shave.

I like them, but not enough to get another tuck (which is just as well, considering how tricky they are to find round these parts). They were the most expensive blades in the Malaysian supermarket I visited (Mydin), though.

I found these a little smoother that Russian (regular) Nacets, but that leads to me geting careless and always ending up with a nick at some point during the shave.

I like them, but not enough to get another tuck (which is just as well, considering how tricky they are to find round these parts). They were the most expensive blades in the Malaysian supermarket I visited (Mydin), though.
I agree. They are pretty expensive over here in Mydin.

I have around 120 of those Nacets made in China. I have to say they are pretty sharp but significantly rougher than the Russian Nacet Stainless. Also sharper than the Russian Nacet. I have very similar feeling to the Thai version of the Super Thins (also Chinese made). They could even be the same blade. I paid a lot of money for Nacet Super, but they are not worth it. There are much better Russian made blades.

Anyone tried these China made Super Nacet blades before? Easily available in Malaysia and pretty cheap as well. Would love to hear your thoughts. I haven't use these for a long time. I remember them being pretty aggressive. But I was still new to wet shaving and along with bad technique, I was also using a cheap plastic Gillette plastic DE razor. Will give it another try today.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Can we all please see some photos of the blade, thank you

Here you go. I've attached the picture of the blade. Completed my second shave with it. The blade feels as sharp as the Personna Lab Blue. Slightly less smooth than the Lab Blue though. Probably as smooth as Astra SP.
Pretty good blade. I think it can handle 5 shaves for my course beard. No irritation or razor burns. Works pretty well in my Merkur 34C. These blades are easily available here in Malaysia, but they are a little expensive. Just under USD 1 for a tuck. More expensive than my go-to blade, the Astra SP. Good blade to try out but I get better deals on better performing blades.
proxy.php

I have around 120 of those Nacets made in China. I have to say they are pretty sharp but significantly rougher than the Russian Nacet Stainless. Also sharper than the Russian Nacet. I have very similar feeling to the Thai version of the Super Thins (also Chinese made). They could even be the same blade. I paid a lot of money for Nacet Super, but they are not worth it. There are much better Russian made blades.
Good to know. I really enjoy regular Nacets, but didn't care for those Super Thins

I had purchased a 100 or so from a Malaysian super market a few years ago.

Coincidentally I got the stash when organizing my stuff today and had a first shave with this blade in brass Karve CB razor with OC D plate. I was using Stirling soaps Ozark mountain in tallow base.

The blade did not impress much and felt a bit less sharp and smooth as top notch blades. It did a good 3 pass shave which was uneventful. Maybe its not quite the Russian Nacet blade sharp.

Maybe it will improve 2nd or 3rd shave onwards.

20201202_123251.jpg
20201202_123312.jpg

I had purchased a 100 or so from a Malaysian super market a few years ago.

Coincidentally I got the stash when organizing my stuff today and had a first shave with this blade in brass Karve CB razor with OC D plate. I was using Stirling soaps Ozark mountain in tallow base.

The blade did not impress much and felt a bit less sharp and smooth as top notch blades. It did a good 3 pass shave which was uneventful. Maybe its not quite the Russian Nacet blade sharp.

Maybe it will improve 2nd or 3rd shave onwards.

View attachment 1189380View attachment 1189381
Yeah I never liked those blades. Among the most expensive blades in Malaysia. Not very sharp and feels quite harsh.

Its very strange considering that Gillette Wilkinson blades also come from China and they are super smooth. Assuming they are made in the same factory. Maybe its some coating which makes them harsh. Maybe ill use it for a few shaves and report back

Its very strange considering that Gillette Wilkinson blades also come from China and they are super smooth. Assuming they are made in the same factory. Maybe its some coating which makes them harsh. Maybe ill use it for a few shaves and report back
Yes mate. Surprising. Even the Gillette London Bridge comes from the same factory and they are top blades.
Do. Let us know how the next shaves are.

Top Bottom