What's new

Gillette Super Click - $1 disposable (!) DE razor

Spotted this plastic monstrosity in a mini mart on Koh Samet while meeting up with my visiting sister... it's 40 Thai Baht there, but online for around 30 or less = 1 US Dollar give or take.

Pictures at the end - I kept it til back home in Bangkok, didn't want to risk any bad cuts while enjoying some beer, sun and beach.

Comes complete with one Gillette Super Thin blade - the head is hinged on one side as you can see below in the pics, but I was pleasantly surprised that the blade reveal was decent. Photos can sometimes be deceiving due to angles but, honestly it looked even and ok...

Lathered up with Cella x MWF stick, and managed a perfectly serviceable 2 pass (as my usual) shave. It is preposterously light obviously and the thin plastic means blade chatter is there but it really wasn't unbearable. The blade itself seemed ok (I only just now thought I should have kept the blade for this morning's shave with the Masamune.. but it's already disposed of... and my usual is Gillette London Bridge anyway).

Alum block after shave did show it is rougher than my usual Tatara Masamune but for $1 that's no surprise - I did see another review of it where the head looked bent, or at least the blade reveal was very dodgy looking, but the one I got did the job - although I can't help thinking anyone looking for a cheap temporary disposable would be getting a pack of those Bic single edge things... but Gillette must sell enough of these things, somehow
:eek2:

IMG_4757.jpg
IMG_4758.jpg
IMG_4759.jpg
IMG_4760.jpg

Pretty neat. I've never seen one in "real life" but I would try it if I ever get the opportunity.

It took me about 2 minutes to figure out what diagram #7 was warning against. :D

Pretty neat. I've never seen one in "real life" but I would try it if I ever get the opportunity.

It took me about 2 minutes to figure out what diagram #7 was warning against. :D

I think it warns not to touch the blade at the cutting edge with a piece of paper/cloth.

Definitely cannot agree the razor is a "monstrosity". Do you consider all DE razors made entirely of plastic rubbish?
I have many of these. Mostly use the Indian made 7 o'clock Permasharp, which is the same. But also have 1-2 of the Super Clicks. The razor can give a good shave. Actually at least 100 of them before that hinge snaps. In India They are aimed at the poorest men. The price is 22 rupees which is $0.27

Bic single edge disposables always give me irritation or cuts.

Blade chatter is not a bad thing for everyone. As a matter of fact I love chattering razors.
And finally, comparing a Tatara to a Super Click? You can't be serious.

Similar to the Lord Click. I had one once. It came free with some other shaving products. It shaved ok. I don’t know what happened to it.

I know! I picked up like 3 pink, 3 black, and 5 dark blue of the plastic ones for $11.00. I'm not sure what I will do with them. Probably give them away after I put a decent Astra, BIC, GSB, or some other good blade in them. I don't want a NooB gift to have a terrible blade.

Top Bottom