What's new

Gillette Super Adj. Opinion & Inquiry

I picked up a short-handle super adjustable (o1) at a flea market this past weekend. I have shaved with it 3 times and I am really enjoying it. It is a beautiful razor. I find it to be a touch more aggressive than my slim. The balance is spot on for me and is it ever smooth (perma-sharp). I might have a new favorite here. It is in wonderful condition. I feel very lucky to have come across this and the price I paid would make some men cry. I have cleaned it up with dishsoap and alcohol, but I wish to improve the shine as I believe it has potential to look very minty. Are any of you as enamoured by the Super Adjustable as much as I? Wow!
A simple question regarding the handle and use of scrubbing bubbles. Should I be worried about loosing any paint? I stripped the numbers off my slim with scrubbing bubbles, but is this cleaning solution safe on the black beauty handle?
$blackbeauty 025.jpg
Apologies as the pic does no justice.

The Soap and water should be enough for the handle. I have used Scrubbing bubbles on my SA handle and had no issues with the black resin coming off. One thing I did for an added shine on my handle was put a dab of (Meguiars interior gloss/ or Armour all) interior shine and protection. Work it in with a cotton cloth. For the razor head you could use Q-tips and apply some Maas polish and hand buff it to a shine.

I've never had any trouble with Scrubbing Bubbles on the handle. I have had similar experience with the painted numbers though.

Maas on the head is the route I normally go. I haven't tried polishing the black handles.

Fixing the numbers in my opinion is the least problem...Takes like two minutes and even nail polish will do the trick if one wants to improvise. Not sure about the durability though...
I also wonder if there is something we can do to restore the deep black look on the handle.
Mine looks good but in a couple spots shows light signs of wear.

Top Bottom