What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Gillette Sunup aftershave

luvmysuper

Moderator Emeritus
Contributor
Well, I'm down to my last 4 oz bottle of vintage Sunup aftershave. It's getting harder and harder to find.
I ordered the Barrister and Mann Reserve Classic from WCS, which is supposed to be a very close match.
Has anyone here done a comparison and could comment on how close it actually is?
Are there any other clones out there besides the copy sold by PAA which I absolutely refuse to buy?

My all time favorite. Used up the last of my supply about 10 years ago.
It is one of my absolute favorite aftershaves. I own 200 vintage and modern aftershaves. Not one of them is an Artisan aftershave.

The only Artisan aftershave I have ever owned was a bottle of Captains Choice Bay Rum I purchased and used up quite a few years ago.

I also had a couple of travel bottles of vintage Gillette Sun Up I picked up at an antique store and went thru pretty quickly. Wonderful stuff. It’s how aftershave is supposed to feel and smell.

I don’t get a better nostalgic feeling or retro glow, then after splashing on Sun Up after a shave.

I would be very interested and appreciative in reading a review and what you think of B&M’s copy when you receive it @luvmysuper.

If you think it compares to the original, B&M may just be the very first Artisan aftershave company to get regular and repeat purchases from me.

:)

luvmysuper

Moderator Emeritus
Contributor
It is one of my absolute favorite aftershaves. I own 200 vintage and modern aftershaves. Not one of them is an Artisan aftershave.

The only Artisan aftershave I have ever owned was a bottle of Captains Choice Bay Rum I purchased and used up quite a few years ago.

I also had a couple of travel bottles of vintage Gillette Sun Up I picked up at an antique store and went thru pretty quickly. Wonderful stuff. It’s how aftershave is supposed to feel and smell.

I don’t get a better nostalgic feeling or retro glow, then after splashing on Sun Up after a shave.

I would be very interested and appreciative in reading a review and what you think of B&M’s copy when you receive it @luvmysuper.

If you think it compares to the original, B&M may just be the very first Artisan aftershave company to get regular and repeat purchases from me.

:)
Will do!

Top Bottom