What's new

Gillette suggest we now shave our armpits

I can't say anything bad about shaving your pits, I do it every 2 weeks. I never got the stink but I noticed that I sweat a heck of a lot more when I have an afro in my pits. As for other areas, I can't say anything bad about that either...

I'll be the odd man out here, but I shave mine. It takes two seconds to do it, and I will never grow it back. I found that the satisfaction of a nice BBS extends to regions other than the face :thumbup:.
You're not the only one, I shave mine too. Once a week and a whole whopping 60 extra seconds in the shower is all I need. Plus it makes deodorant 1000x more effective. Personally I think it's hilarious that some guys are so insecure about this. You'd think that simply saying "Not for me, no thanks" would be enough, but no. Instead they feel compelled to take that extra leap and draw lines between shaven armpits and metrosexuality & sex changes. Wow. Just wow! :lol:

Not to change the direction of the thread, but it might...

The reason we remove facial hair is because if we don't, well, we are the only species on the planet whose facial hair threatens it's existence that I know of. It would be extremely unsanitary at the least with hair hanging down into the food one is eating. It's my theory that the sharp edges of obsidion were "discovered" to remove the overhanging hair, and knives came from that as a natural extension. Shaving the face is a further extension of the sanitary shortening of the facial hair.

Shaving the rest of the hair? That's optional, it won't kill you to leave it. Now if the wife were to leave it, that'd kill me.

I had a co-worker, believe it or not, tell me he shaved his butt. His wife thought it was too hairy. I didn't ask, but from what I got out of it was he shaved all "around". TMI for sure. He said he was uncomfortable for weeks. No, I am not going to shave my butt. Nor am I going to shave my armpits.

I had a co-worker, believe it or not, tell me he shaved his butt. His wife thought it was too hairy. I didn't ask, but from what I got out of it was he shaved all "around". TMI for sure. He said he was uncomfortable for weeks. No, I am not going to shave my butt. Nor am I going to shave my armpits.

Well then would waxing do? :001_rolle

If you followed all of gillette's videos, you would end up completely hairless... Which would be very wierd. I don't think it's metrosexual or anything, but what guy would want to shave their chest? What's next, gillette? Guys shaving their arms and legs?:001_rolle

Personally, I shave my face because girls like it and it and it feels much more cleaner. I also shave my back from time to time because I don't think that there is any girl out there who likes back hair.

I mean, if you have the physique of Arnold Schwarzenegger, sure. It helps to bring out your muscles. But I dont think the average guy looks like that.

Im also one that shaves my armpits. As already stated it cuts down on the sweating and deodorant works a lot better. Ill never grow it back.

I now use trimmers for my pits and it works much better.

This, I keep it short for sweat control and so I don't look like a wookie at the gym if I have a tank top on. I don't see a need to shave my pits. I do shave my arms, though.

I also trim the hair on my chest, back, and legs. It just seems like good maintenance. Just because hair grows there doesn't mean you need to keep ALL of it!

and every other hair on your body. Hell while you are at it get a sex change. Men are suppose to have hair. What would are grandparent think about all of this. They would call us all well its a 3 letter word and rhymes with hay. Be a man and get some body hair. Time to make a stand

Seriously?? You can't be a "real" man without body hair? :001_huh:

Some friends of mine are in for a real shock when I tell them this. :001_rolle

*sigh*
these thread always make me think how ridiculous I find the whole "real men have hair" statement.
Personal grooming is a personal choice be it face, legs, underarms or anywhere else. Trim, shave or let it grow- it's all just a matter of taste and what works for you. Hygiene is the key no matter what option you take. If shaving or trimming under your arms helps with that or helps deodorant to work better then go for it. It's only trying something new, it will grow back and it's not going to change your testosterone level.

Just like most men like trim and tidy women, women's tastes in mens hairyness varies depending on the person. Though back hair is rarely an active turn on. Some women find it a turn off and some just don't care.
Personally I like a man to be neat/trimmed down yonder, chest hair I don't care about same with underarm hair once he is clean and hygienic , and back hair is a slight turn off for me.

I just wanted to say the men out there who have this over the top repulsion to the meer idea of body hair grooming need to just get over it. It's YMMV same as anything else and you look somewhat insecure and closed minded when you insist your opinion is the 'normal/right' one.

no thanks. i am to the point where I like to wear v necks when i go out so that I don't have to deal with women who don't like chest hair anymore, I cant find any good reason to shave my arm pits either, YMMV

I give them a quick trim with the electric trimmer every week or two. I find that it helps with BO. I don't think I'd every shave them right smooth though. Not becuase I wouldn't feel like a man anymore, but just becuase I would probably get a lot of irritation and ingrown hairs.

Im also one that shaves my armpits. As already stated it cuts down on the sweating and deodorant works a lot better. Ill never grow it back.

So am I.

I thought most guys did?!!

I don't do it every day- or week. If I didn't I could braid my pit hair.

When I was a teenager my older cousin told me you're supposed to trim it to let the deodorant work right.

I probably shave my pits 4-5 times a year.

Makes me sweat less, and looks nicer when I don't wear a shirt or sleeves.

I don't see the correlation between grooming preferences and sexual orientation.

I know I look like I have a sweater on when I'm not wearing a shirt, but I normally do not trim my chest hair. Once my wife commented on my back hair. She was given a chance to help trim it and declined. Issue dead ended there.

Lately I have noticed that my eyebrows need trimming.

I haven't been to a true barber for years. I cut my own hair with clippers or shave my head. I do recall seeing barbers trimming guys' eyebrows.

I'm starting to worry now. How does the process go?

• Lose hair on head. CHECK
  • Sprout hair on back. CHECK
  • Serious increase in nose hair. CHECK
  • Eyebrows get longer and longer. CHECK?
  • What's next? Ears?...

:laugh:
:tongue_sm

Top Bottom