What's new

Gillette slim with bent safety bar

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I'd pass on that one. It's bent.
Plenty of straight ones out there, be patient.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I don't think that used Schicks are in such great supply across the waters as they are here .. and having sold a couple to a gent in Iceland once I know of the shipping costs.

I have found a few alternatives. One is 40€ in decent condition, just needs some Basic cleaning that I would have done either way.

One Point though, these were not so popular here in middle europe as they were in the US. While Gillette was producing these beautiful razors and they spread throughout the US, making them available widely from second hand, Czechoslovakia was in the grasp of comunism. It was a great accomplishment to even get out of the country and these that Made it out, mostly stayed out. Needless to say, these razors didn't make their way onto our market.

Adjustables stopped producing in '88 and the comunism fell in '89.

There were other, local manufacturers of safety razors. Some of these pieces Can be bought second hand for just a few dollars (euros to be specific). I may explore and collect these in the future, but it feels kind of less valuable, since there aren't many wet shaving enthusiasts around here. Vintage wet shaving gear enthusiasts are even harder to find to share our thoughts on various products.

That's why, for me, here in Slovakia, I'm more than Happy to snag a Slim for 40$.
Sipping from the US, Once again, makes Up to 20$ of that cost.

Top Bottom